CRUSHER NEW NATIONAL LEADER

Page  123 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRUSHER NEW NATIONAL LEADER
    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:30pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Judith Collins is now the new National leader of Opposition.

It won't be boring...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:25pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

doh

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:28pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yay. shes got a bigger set of balls than muller.
She should of been there when simon was rolled.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:35pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm interested in NZ politics from a distance.  The National Party hasn't exactly done themselves any favours with three  leaders over the last four months.  Economically it's probably the election no-one wants to win.
The media would have us believe wonder woman Cindy will win comfortably.  Is a NP win possible?           
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:55pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great ,positive and decisive first media conference,interlaced with good humor,and not woke. Breath of fresh air.
And hopefully,just maybe will save us from the potentially coming economic downturn,the likes of which this country and people have never seen before.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:07pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I wonder how many more times National can shoot themselves in the foot before the next election?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:28pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

I'm interested in NZ politics from a distance.  The National Party hasn't exactly done themselves any favours with three  leaders over the last four months.  Economically it's probably the election no-one wants to win.
The media would have us believe wonder woman Cindy will win comfortably.  Is a NP win possible?           
 Probably not A NP win but she is a massive improvement on what they’ve had. I voted labour last time, have voted national, green and act prior to that. ( not in that order probably).
I voted  Labour last time because my kids saw lot of good in Jacinda and were reasonably good at  persuading me and Jacinda has done well. Plus I could afford to send a vote labours way... a speculator by nature.
But hey according to online voter surveys I’m a natural Nat.. being a landlord, earning a reasonable income,  and also was a professional qualified economist in a previous  life ... so I understand there needs to be an economic return/ incentive for risk of investing as either investor/ business owner or employer.
I’d vote for Judith unlike her previous 2 predecessors because she is smart, very personable, highly economically savvy... that’s a rarity. Grant Robinson in labour is also economically very smart. But Judith is a credible alternative to that, possibly more free market/ business friendly.

Good to have two strong parties, Judith won’t win this time, but she’s a hell of a fighter. I like her. She is a good person and smart whereas all you read in media is past negativity ( orivida - she did nothing really that wrong but was chastised) and there has been continued left wing spin meant to damage her reputation and any real alternative to current government.

If you want to see real bad unprincipled politics then look into nz first and how they stimyed putting cameras on com boats.. don’t vote for them.

Judith will be a good,  if not great leader of National.
Not a NP party member by the way... might go See David Seymour speak Sunday at Bayview , Glenfield , do like him as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:32pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you actually believe national are opposition to labour then i feel sorry for youLOL
Generally opposing parties actually oppose the opposition.... and don't side and vote together with them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:36pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mate people like me decide elections... not people who vote for same parties every time... please don’t feel sorry for me , but love your empathy.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:45pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just keep in mind that if national had been running this Corona virus response in NZ we would be in the same boat as america is right now.
Simon bridges would have opened up NZ borders right at the end of lockdown.

There is major economic strife coming and neither party can stop it. Nor can they magically make it better anytime soon.

Nationals strategy will be to try to open up the countries borders and it will backfire.There are not a hell of a lot of jobs they can magically create out of thin air either.A lot of the tourism sector is going to drop dead.

This election will be like a bad case of hot potato, which lucky party will be carrying the can when the a*rse falls out of the country economically.

If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:59pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Labour will win and carry the can, but not convinced the new Nat leader would espouse /do any different on that.
Keeping boarder largely closed to tourists and immigrants ( as per past regime) is economically sensible for any NZ govt for the foreseeable future. 
However, letting some appropriately quarantined people in where the economic benefits for country are significant at margins is likely to also appeal to any good government with right level of control. Already happening now to a degree.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:03am
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

mate people like me decide elections... not people who vote for same parties every time... please don’t feel sorry for me , but love your empathy.Wink

To be clear my comment was a general statement to anyone and wasn't directed at you personally. Labour and national are both puppets. Both are under investigation by the serious fraud office... and that is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg.
One may be worse than the other i'd agree, but in reality the end goal is all the same and will be the same. The speed and the way in which they get us there is all that really changes. We get to vote which one is in government ok..... that does not then inherently mean we actually have a say in any of the decisions that effect us.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:18am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishy11 Fishy11 wrote:

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

To be clear my comment was a general statement to anyone and wasn't directed at you personally. Labour and national are both puppets. Both are under investigation by the serious fraud office... and that is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg.
One may be worse than the other i'd agree, but in reality the end goal is all the same and will be the same. The speed and the way in which they get us there is all that really changes. We get to vote which one is in government ok..... that does not then inherently mean we actually have a say in any of the decisions that effect us.
True... one can only hope they don’t do stuff or not do what they should and that then messes us (country) up.
I like and respect Judith, have met her few times. Jacinda seems cool under pressure and reacts well to bad situations but never met her. Grant Robinson I have met and was impressed, strikes me as competent.
Overriding thing for me is they make good decisions not bad ones... look at USA and other countries if want to see how that turns out.
Not into party or personality politics....but will vote for which team can do best. Politicians are hard to trust at best of times... that is an old adage.
Challenge for Judith will be pitching a credible team.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:05am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Judith will be good but unsure about having Brownlee as deputy,doesnt excite after the CH-CH earthquake mess,still on going.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:10am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Judith is a formidable lady but this is the 3rd time she's tried for the party leadership.
There must be some good reasons why she's 3rd choice.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:36am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Listened to a few of her interviews this morning on the radio. The lies just come too freely......I cant trust her.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:25am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Muller didnt stand a chance.
 The 'new order' of the Nat party is very different from that of the key/ english/ brownlee etc, where where basically united in one direction.
 They left, Bridges takes over.. a neg critical rather than this how should be attitude, the party openly split into 2 or 3 factions of own self interest.
Bridges gets rolled.. had to be, Muller one of the other factions steps up... get sabotaged by another faction by going to media behind his back, others resign ...and further fumbling in the background.
Has no choice but resign.
 Now way can anyone lead such a situation without firing the whole party
 Party caucus gets a big wake up call now realising they just forced their leader out and a split party doesnt work at all.
 So that leaves Collins and hopefully the party has a wake up call as to what they have done.

Now if the caucau can manage to stop sabotaging each other, pull together in the interests of the country they may have a long shot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:21am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Geat! Finally a leader who has ...balls - figuratively speaking. Im rapt. A few days ago, on TV news, she said - I"m sick of feeling second class in my own country""
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:26am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw some TV shots of Judith going in to vote on Nats leader. While others were quite glum, Judith was grinning from ear to ear. Reminded me a bit like the Joker... 
Oh well how long before the next polly shoots themselves in the foot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:36am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There seems to have been a general pattern between successive Labour / National governments.
Labour generally leaving a fiscal mess and shooting themselves in the foot with silly ideas.
Remember Helen's shower heads? The brain drain during her tenure?
And the GFC.
National negotiated those troubled times with fiscal responsibility and job creation to the point that made NZ very attractive to live in.
I never liked Key either voted for him once to get rid of Helen.

What we are left with now is a lot of words, gestures and constant slogans and not much action. We were going backwards before Covid and now it is just way worse for a lot of people who have probably worked all their lives without losing their jobs.

I am going to say Labour and the Greens will win the election just on pure slogans. And I am predicting a dire bitter end to Jacinda's time as PM. More so than Helen's.

And if I could find it on here I predicted her rise long before she led the Labour Party.
Page  123 9>