pompey wrote:I have bought new a Yamaha 150 and Mercury 150 on different boats. Liked the Mercury much more. Did about 100 hrs on each motor. After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. Mercury was quieter and used less fuel on similar sized boats. Mercury was cheaper as well and has a longer warranty. |
pompey wrote:After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. .
|
an anyhow I aint never heard of that before Mc Tool wrote:[QUOTE=pompey]After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. .
|
an anyhow I aint never heard of that before BotStomper wrote:My top secret excel spreadsheet says you'll need twin 300s to fit my arbitrary "well powered" definition. It's like your Mrs car driving up a hill with a boot load of shopping. Or something like that anyway, I forget. Where's a guru when you need one? |
Colder water, hotter fishing As the water temperature has dropped, the pre-dawn air temperature has... Read More >
Snapper everywhere along the coast Harbour snapper are still biting and they are in prime... Read More >
Baits out-fishing lures The high cost of fuel may be deterring a lot of anglers... Read More >
Smorgasbord of fishing options Over the last month, the weather has taken a turn towards... Read More >
Fat snapper Excellent autumn fishing continues as the snapper fatten up all through various depths.... Read More >
School snapper, the odd kingie and swordfish on the cards Late April in the outer... Read More >