Marine Reserves Fail?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 5:31pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You guys sound like grumpy old men to me.

My mother went to goat and did a glass bottom boat ride with her rest home group.

My Nephews who go to school in Mt Albert have been more than once with class.

That's enough for me right there.

There are other people with other needs/uses out there to any you have.

They sure can't do any harm and not changing what we are doing now in a raft of ways will produce the "big fail".

You guys are coming across like they are negative to the environment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 5:55pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

we are just saying how it is Garry,

so you have an ideal place to go see fish swimming free in their own environment, that is fabulous i fully agree it is certainly worth having....

but i scorn those that think these are what is need to restock our threatened fishery....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 6:37pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep done the trip myself and kids went up on a holiday school programme,cannot knock it from the view that i can snorkel without fear and see fish doing what they are meant to do,went on boat and had a side trip to look at same orcas.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 9:21pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

You guys sound like grumpy old men to me.

My mother went to goat and did a glass bottom boat ride with her rest home group.

My Nephews who go to school in Mt Albert have been more than once with class.

That's enough for me right there.

There are other people with other needs/uses out there to any you have.

They sure can't do any harm and not changing what we are doing now in a raft of ways will produce the "big fail".

You guys are coming across like they are negative to the environment.

Not negative to marine reserves as long as they are "sold" to the public for the right reasons and that is not fisheries management as is often stated or implied.
Page  <12