Ignore function

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignore function
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:36am
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some of posters on here make me want to dig out my eyes with a pine cone.

A few of the other boards I frequent on the interwebs have an ignore function for filtering out the drivel. Yes I know I should just "ignore" or "don't feed the trolls" / pay no attention to the posts. But, actually making the posts & topics started by someone on my ignore list not show up would be so much easier.

Unfortunately it's getting to the point where you can't ignore them imo, even if there was an option to remove the digits they should be using to type up posts it still wouldn't stop from from repeatedly mashing their faces on the key board until the desired level of **** had been reached to qualify hitting the submit/post button (which can be done with out the use of hands or fingers).

So much so, I cringe at the though of opening/starting topics these days in case they show up in it.

Surely there must be something the devs could do to introduce it.

And if I have some how missed it. Please, please, before I manage to track down the right pine cone for the job!

Enlighten me.
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:46am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up-------Cry--------Thumbs Up
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:58am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just curious, but with an ignore function, wouldn't a lot of the threads not make any sense?

< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none; ">
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:59am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some of them already make no sense.....
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:03am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

The old saying Si, six to one~~half a dozen to the other.
Prolly less confusion if the said posts were invisible.

I got a fair idea what/who he's talking aboutLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:22pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What Olfart said, you quickly figure out when someone on the ignore list is posting.
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:27pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yerp go hard i would be ignoring uncle and zambizie and a few others to :) but life is full of hard cases live with it, dont read the flaming posts. go back to bed and carry on with your life :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

lolllllllllll, just for you guys 

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:18pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Jet_ski_fisher Jet_ski_fisher wrote:

yerp go hard i would be ignoring uncle and zambizie and a few others to :) but life is full of hard cases live with it, dont read the flaming posts. go back to bed and carry on with your life :)

getting a bit personal there ain't you jsf?
Shocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:22pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

must be close Uncle?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:41pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yerp, itchy trigger finger BarrieLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:46pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This would result in less work for the moderators :D
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:04pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

the real problem is that people take it personally rather than a debate.
They then hit back personally rather than with a question or answer.
the written word has no emotion so it should not be assumed that its personal
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:42pm
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jet_ski_fisher Jet_ski_fisher wrote:

Your stupidity is only enhanced when you post. Fool.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:48pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

go hard mr uncle go ****ing hard  dude...frankly i don't give a flying **** any more.. fletch your just a waste of space... i pity you fool!!!
……..…../´¯/)……….. (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….).)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:49pm
Fletch View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

See ya
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

for goodness sake, you know a number of years back we never had this sort of crap, you said what you wanted within reason and got on with it, it is a pity we live and play in a nanny state, to many just troll and then complain about certain people, it is a public forum with rules but them those who enforce the rules dont you need to have good reason to ban someone not that they just dont like you.

Boulder asked on facebook what was wrong with this site and why the good buggers have all left or dont give a dam with the place, their call but there is something behind it all, anyone care to hazard a guess?

can see why so many have gone to F/B now rather than post on here which is a shame, once was a neat community....once
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:24pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Food for thought
Even an idiot has an ability to say something that will stop us in our tracks.

Now would we wont to miss that gem?

Mind you I guess a time and motion study would suggest we may wait too long verses the output....
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:26pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

for goodness sake, you know a number of years back we never had this sort of crap, you said what you wanted within reason and got on with it, it is a pity we live and play in a nanny state, to many just troll and then complain about certain people, it is a public forum with rules but them those who enforce the rules dont you need to have good reason to ban someone not that they just dont like you.

Boulder asked on facebook what was wrong with this site and why the good buggers have all left or dont give a dam with the place, their call but there is something behind it all, anyone care to hazard a guess?

can see why so many have gone to F/B now rather than post on here which is a shame, once was a neat community....once

going to facebook I would have thought shows less intelligence!

whats facebook again but a self centred outlet for people...only smart people never sign up for it...

hey at least Fnet has "character"

the obvious is that people seem to have lost the ability to "tune out" the crap.

perhaps too many PC pills taken....
not far different to those silly women in the herald the other day who blame all for the sun heating up play equipment - god forbid didn't anyone tell them the sun was here first.. to many on here seem to subscribe to the same disease.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:51pm
Titanium
Titanium

As Zambezi said earlier alot of people cant be bothered posting on the forum, a few have just stepped over the line to many times- destroying threads - being abusive - talking rubbish and so forth... and thats not including the rude and abusive pm's that some of us get.. 
Page  123 4>