Ideas and feedback

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:15am
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've put a thread up this in this section but it would be good to be able to save a buddy list of people we meet up with or have plans to for fishing where we can can edit the buddy list with information. Boulder did advise we could send the email to ourselves which is a means to an end to save info but seems a little redundent to have to go through to a third party client to get information on members when it would be alot easier to log into the site and be able to get numbers and whatever else we have stored for specific members.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ski  da mofo!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 2:37pm
ski da mofo!! View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i see in another thread that the long term goal for the website is to make an online type fishing club with benefits etc for members.. how about a thread that states where such benefits are avilable to members and what benefits are available.maybe a card as proof of membership is nessecary for any such discounts,perhaps a sub thread for members to suggest reasonable requests to such sponsers etc...
BIG FISH IS WHERE ITS AT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hookz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 10:13pm
Hookz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Lamp
Just a little idea for consideration.....
A locked automated gallary topic pined at the top of each section..

i.e. If I post a pic on a thread in the "Fishing Reports" section, that pic is auto inserted to the gallary topic pined at the top of the "Fishing Reports" section.

Also if possable add a link button to the pic for direct access to the thread it was posted in.
This gallary could be done with thumbnails so you must access the thread were it was posted to see the pics full size, This would promote the viewing of threads with pics.

This could be handy in threads were people are looking at products or Howto's and or maybe to move some product were applicable.....

This could also give us away to have a quick look at the latest posts with pic for those days when "Time just is not on your side"......
Or could serve as a  quick reference back to a post you were in before but can't remember the name or date of but can remember the pics you were looking at.....

"That my idea for the month" now back to having no idea again........

Tight Lines......

My Homepage
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 5:49pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any thoughts on a "weather report thread" as a sub maybe to the Briney Bar...  the idea being the guys could post what the weather , wind and sea state conditions were like in their area.. Boaties...rock hoppers.. surfcaster folk could place a request to other members... eg someone from Auckland heading north to the bay of islands for the weekend and someone in the area could advise.. or someone in any area could simply post a report for others to see...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 3:25pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here's a thought. It would be good if there was less space taken up at the top of the page. where the Fishing net logo is and below that a space for an ad. Because, on laptops, which are very common now, this reduces the space below for the stuff we actually want to read - thus requiring more scrolling down.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 5:14pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

Here's a thought. It would be good if there was less space taken up at the top of the page. where the Fishing net logo is and below that a space for an ad. Because, on laptops, which are very common now, this reduces the space below for the stuff we actually want to read - thus requiring more scrolling down.
and why are the pages so short? You can scroll down and get more adds.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:05am
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hey grunta, are you still doing stickers? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 5:59pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just wonder if it might be good idea to move " New Products and Announcements" up to be under
" Buy Sell trade and exchange"  Both are about buy sell etc....???

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:06pm
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can't ever recall seeing an event specifically for fish netters like an open fishing contest all very sociable of course has anything ever been suggested or does something existing act as a pseudo event I have missed. ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 4:50pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Picked this up from the Sydney Angler forum. Thought it was worth sharing. One of the reasons why I generally like the posts on fishing.net.nz and why I detest many of those posted on the various Facebook fishing sites.

Sydney Angler was started by a group of fishos in the interest of promoting a culture of mateship and fishing for fun. A fundamental part of the site philosophy is self regulation i.e. a site without a list of 'rules' as long as your arm.

This approach has without doubt made this site the best fishing portal on the internet. Unfortunately though, this freedom has come at a price being the lowering of our standards, in particularly with regard to the proliferation of low quality and meaningless posts.

To arrest this decline the following code of conduct has been developed by the administration team. The code is not 'hard and fast' however the admin team reserve the right to delete any post/thread that contravenes the code. Repeat offenders will be banned from the site.

1) Spelling and punctuation
Make an effort to adhere to the basics of the English language. Posts where clearly no effort has been made with regards to spelling, grammar and punctuation will be deleted immediately. This is not intended to punish or discriminate against accidental spelling mistakes or those whose spelling skills are less strong (see note below). It is about making an effort.

2) SMS/Text Language
Any post containing GenY/SMS style language will be deleted immediately and the poster deleted from the site. Don't post it because it will be deleted.

3) Have a Point
This is difficult because some of the best threads are the most trivial. That being said, post or threads that are meaningless, idiotic or add no value will be deleted.

4) Sharing is Caring
Sharing of information, fishing spots and any relevant fishing information is central to the ethos of SA.

6) No Idiots
Dickheads, retards and idiots will be banned without notice.

Page  <12