Garmin vs Lowrance

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roscoe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garmin vs Lowrance
    Posted: 22 hours 38 minutes ago at 9:12am
Roscoe C View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 28 Jun 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 11
Hi folks
I'm looking at upgrading the electronics on my Stabi 1450.  I've currently got a Lowrance Eagle 7 which I'm not especially impressed with.  In particular the connection to the transducer seems a bit flakey and I've got to jiggle it about a bit to get it to read.

Anyway - I'm considering upgrading to either a Garmin UHD2 75cv or a Lowrance Elite FS7.  I had an Elite FS in a previous boat and quite liked it, but equally it's significantly more expensive that the Garmin and I suspect I'll be paying for a heap of features I don't need.  I know that the Garmin unit doesn't have side scan but my current Eagle 7 does have it, but I don't use it.

Anyway - I'd appreciate any views before I head out and splash the cash.

cheers
Roscoe
Back to Top
Forum Jump
Forum Permissions View Drop Down


This page was generated in 0.318 seconds.

Fishing Reports Visit Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports
Canterbury Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Top of the South Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Hauraki Gulf Fishing Report 01/10/26

Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Bay of Islands Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Fishing bite times Fishing bite times

Major Bites

Minor Bites

Major Bites

Minor Bites