Print Page | Close Window

Garmin vs Lowrance

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: The Boat Shed
Forum Description: Discuss all things boating.
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=140173
Printed Date: 08 Oct 2026 at 7:18pm


Topic: Garmin vs Lowrance
Posted By: Roscoe C
Subject: Garmin vs Lowrance
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2026 at 9:12am
Hi folks
I'm looking at upgrading the electronics on my Stabi 1450.  I've currently got a Lowrance Eagle 7 which I'm not especially impressed with.  In particular the connection to the transducer seems a bit flakey and I've got to jiggle it about a bit to get it to read.

Anyway - I'm considering upgrading to either a Garmin UHD2 75cv or a Lowrance Elite FS7.  I had an Elite FS in a previous boat and quite liked it, but equally it's significantly more expensive that the Garmin and I suspect I'll be paying for a heap of features I don't need.  I know that the Garmin unit doesn't have side scan but my current Eagle 7 does have it, but I don't use it.

Anyway - I'd appreciate any views before I head out and splash the cash.

cheers
Roscoe



Print Page | Close Window