rusty360 wrote:A question for the manukau experts, who uses braid on big muddy? Is better than plain old nylon? Im keen to give it a go but know zero about it. |
I arrived at the harbour early this morning. The forecast seemed ideal for venturing far and wide under clear skies.
There wasn’t a breeze; the sea was totally calm and still. Fishing’s been pretty slow lately, according to the latest reports. I really tried hard to catch some kahawai and put them to use as livies. I stuck with it for a few hours, but got nowhere.
I spotted loads of birds way off, diving into the churned-up water. I slowly paddled over to where all the action was and caught some fish.
This season, I’m switching things up and going with lures instead of bait, since soft baits have been killing it lately over the last few years.
In the end, got four fat kahawai, though not a snapper around. The water temperature is sitting at 15C. It’s just months away before the snapper show up at the harbour again.
Mercury Islands snapper fishing well. Nothing from out wide this past fortnight, but there were... Read More >
Unpredictable spring weather Spring has arrived in Tutukaka, bringing with it the usual mix of... Read More >
Spring wind the handbrake. Spring is starting to make its presence felt in the outer... Read More >
Early snapper in Tasman Bay. Well, spring is finally here, and the days are getting... Read More >