Whangarei Harbour report.

Page  123 129>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whangarei Harbour report.
    Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 8:32pm
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went out today rough as guts out the front went by the old woman, the anchor couldn't hold ground , so I moved & lost the bloody thing cut it off on the prop.
Headed back in to the harbor tied off to a green marker pass marston point, caught over 14 Kahawai, 4 Gurnard & supprise supprise landed two Snappers one at 54cm the other at 45.....
Got my bag limit of 20 with in 4hrs, the tide was the last 2hrs out going and 1hr in when I caught the bulk of the fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OffTheHook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 9:30pm
OffTheHook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

you guys are so lucky to have such a good fishery up there eko. gutd about your anchor but at least you caught some good fish mateThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 7:05am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Dave, we were gonna go out early but chickened out after hearing of 25 knots NW.

Some great Snapper there and sounds like the fish aren't far from entering the harbour, yahooClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 6:36pm
smellybait View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dave, she was pretty rough outside by all accounts... but hey we'd never seen as many fish in a long while. Three mile reef was firing, Guano rock produced a 14kg kingi and 22lb snapper.... one boat had three fisho on it and they had their quota of fin fish and snapper. 27 snapper and they were all over 12lbs the fin fish consited of terries and kahawai ... a great haul for three fishos.... the best was a guy who said hey I only got a couple...... he had two ladies with him... and someone said hey mate  if you take out the ladies sometimes the fishing isn't great.... well he showed us these two fish. one was a kingi around 16kgs and the other was a snapper around 10kgs.... he was smiling.... but the crazy thing was that his missuss caught both the fish.... we had to eat our words..... Saturday was huge everyone had their quota... a great day had by all.... Waving SBThumbs Up

If all you have got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 8:54pm
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yip some nice fish around at the mo. I had today off so I shot out into the harbor again with my worker who has been on a few boats and has always came home with nothing..
But with a bit if education & show how of what needs to be done he was landing fish left right & center...with him landing his biggest fish PB ...had to be a snapper of 46cm lol.
Oh well we came home with over 20 fish.

No text back from NZTurtle LOL but a few from Catchalot Big smile, dont you hate it wen peps txt when they r having funWink
Its not about the size of your boat! "But how you use it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 8:58pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice report there SB,

I got more texts this morning and phone sex I mean phone txt pics from Eko todayLOL while I was at work, the buggar....he was into Gurnards, Snappers and Kahawai just off the Marsden Pt wharf in Whg Vegas harbour!
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 9:10pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha got there just after you Dave, just love your fishing txts when I am working NOT!LOL

Baits or Softies today bro?

Mud marlin will be spawning in the harbour soon so look out for the Mantas Mate 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:16am
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Haha got there just after you Dave, just love your fishing txts when I am working NOT!LOL

Iv got another two days fishing to go yetErmm, new contract starts on Friday then it's back to that nasty work placeDead
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 2:02pm
smellybait View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You crafty buggar.... the admiral won't let me out at the moment.... jobs coming out my ears.... how did three mile go?,,,,.... that seemed to be where the action was last weekend... waving SBThumbs Up
If all you have got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:09pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good shiz guys!

Nice to hear some kingis are looming about already.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 5:00pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dave you bstard Wink
Soz got the text and then didn't get to look at it...
New contract eh?
Maybe afew days off for me then :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 5:25pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dave I will be on Annual Leave next Fortnight I hope to fish every day and send you a million txts whilst you are at work ya buggar!

Pay back time I reckonLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 9:02pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got out to the power station just after lunch today, gannets for africa and a heap of bait sign. most of the fish caught on blue pepper neons avg between 12-18lbs....chef and i got busted by some good fish......home by 5pm 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 9:21pm
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice eden gives a txt when your out and about, I'll motor over to the spot 0211118235
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 9:37pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

enteredThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:55am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one edan, mean report there, what depth were they at mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 4:36pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The local weather station is saying 35 Km/h Southerly at the moment and it is supposed to die away in moring and turn Northerly and rise to 15 Km/h in the arvo...

We hope to be out there in the morning, some say good snapper off the Power Station and 3 mile reef area and Trevs off the Marsden Pt wharf...so heres hoping
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 4:43pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Nice one edan, mean report there, what depth were they at mate?

bait sign all over, but best results 10-15mtrs....good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 4:51pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Edan, you been out since or busy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:50pm
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gud day fishing today but man it was rough coming back....another sweet ride home,tomorrow I'll be on the water after 9 Al will give you a call.
Page  123 129>