Marlborough Sounds

Page  123 297>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marlborough Sounds
    Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 2:08pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Marlborough Sounds fishing lets here from you all that want to share the good oil on our local fishery.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 2:25pm
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You sound so lonely blackboat

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 2:29pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah betterthanwork seems alot of north islanders on here than us in the south,,,its either be on here or yap to the missus and well fishing always wins for this boy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2008 at 2:34pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I do a little bit of shore fishing and occassionly launch my kayak in the Keneperu. Rarely fish the Pelorus. I prefer the Queen Charlotte, Port Underwood, Croislles Habour or D'urville.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 9:55pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

only done charters to the outer sounds up to Stephens.  Yeah and some snapper out of Havelock.
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 6:07am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

seasharp fishes the sounds a bit
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doonage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 12:49pm
Doonage View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I do most of my fishing and diving in the sounds and durville area.
I was at Port Underwood in the weekend and got a haul of crays. Plenty of Moki and Butterfish around.

I hear that there are  a few snapper been caught

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 3:12pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I fish it too, but only infrequently when I get down there being another north islander.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diverbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 6:01pm
Diverbloke View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah blackboat i do almost all my fishin'in the sounds-Dúrville & pelorus mostly but stray over to QC for the scollies.Pretty F###in'windy over that way Saturday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 7:05pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i stick to pelorous in the summer got some spots in their ,,up round nile head area in winter
hope this weekend weather good go have a fish around kenepuru ,,was talking to a chap who only goes to kenepuru and he scored some goodones ,and said that they are about now but must spend alot of time and patience so here hoping
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 7:19pm
matty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wats the story with crays around port underwood?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diverbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:30pm
Silver
Silver

Yeah-some of those boys are pretty hardcore6-10 hours with berley bomb-a bit too dull for me.Prefer nilehead type snapper fishing although  havent got up that way for ages
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:46pm
The Jester View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I fish D'urville mostly but sometimes go down Pelorus if the weather looks a bit dodgey or I want good scollies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:54pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you guys catch Snapper around nilehead during the winter?

I have never fished north of Rangitoto Island. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diverbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:57pm
Silver
Silver

What sort of fish u usually chase there spraymate?Blackboat?Kings?Surely not cod?!!

Had a bit of sucess on the gurnad with SP's and a few kingis on the jigs over the last 12 months-but what a crap winter eh?Hardly had the boat out.Tryed the scollies out yet this season?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diverbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:59pm
Silver
Silver

Sure do Militaris-mostly pannie type stuff-in 80 odd metres.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hamish_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 12:26pm
Hamish_S View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was born in blenhiem, lived there till i was 7, have SO many good memories of going out with my dad and his friend and his 2 sons in our 33ft old bridge decker boating down the sounds, fishing during the day, waking up to freshly cooked fish, the sound of the birds in the morning, spending the night in the coves surounded in bush,  rowing ashore and playing on the beach... my dad passed a few years ago and we spred his ashes in Ruakaka (sp?) bay,  2 dolphins followed us around the bay as we did it!
I have been back several times since and even the ferry ride brings back so many good times

I hear fishing is not so good down there now. i was born in 85 so my fishing days down there was prob 91-93
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doonage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 12:29pm
Doonage View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Plenty of crays at Port Underwood but not of great size. Females are now half and half out of berry.

As for Nile Head. If you find the schools of snapper it's definately worth a fish as is Stephens Passage. Got quite a few snapper and kingis over winter around the top of Durville. I'm looking forward to summer so I can get up there and have a serious fish for some kingi's as the ones we got over winter were a by catch on the ledger rig when fishing for snapper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sea-Sharpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 7:16pm
Sea-Sharpe View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

blackboat I do most of my fishing in the sounds and had a good start to the year there up until winter - some snaps getting caught in Keneperu at present so my sources tell me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scullapint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:32pm
scullapint View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hell...toot'n'whistle fishes well!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Page  123 297>