April Dunny Nomination

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April Dunny Nomination
    Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 9:56am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

To all those people who rushed out and paid megabucks for Avet reels, seduced by the Gold colour.

The same ones who are now finding out what everyone else already knows - that all that glistens is not gold, and corrosion and drag problems are well known with these reels.

Ya shoulda stuck with 225LDs, boys.

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 10:08am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

seconded!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 10:37am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They will all be rushing out to get some qaulity Abu gear..........

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 10:50am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Stupid boy.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 12:35pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahaha

Daiwa all the way!! unless its a trinidad

225, huh aint they obsolete!!

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 12:52pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

upgrading a bit of kit shortly Squid....you want that other VIP of mine?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 1:14pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Quote: Originally posted by Peter da Squid on 10 April 2006

hahaha

Daiwa all the way!! unless its a trinidad

225, huh aint they obsolete!!

They stopped making you 30 years ago Squiddy - are you obslete? Not according to my wife.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 3:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

yepp Im obsolete and useless.

Thats a kind offer on the vip Charlie Pride, see you tomorra for the usual??

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 3:25pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

your'e on Mr Kinte!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 3:42pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Translation: Kezza will be talking dribble on Skype Tommorow eve !
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 11:20am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Never let it be said that I dont do my investigating........

From Mr Watson

�well we all know that a feature of the ITM Fishing Show is the underwater footage and the filming of the underwater footage has for the most part been filmed by me. So it was with some surprise that I noticed Kerren pick up the underwater camera while I was fishing�.but Kezza wasn�t too keen on getting into the 11 deg water so instead he leaned over the side with celly in top pocket what followed was  �plop���Fark..that was my farken phone� all on board refrained from laughing at the large tattooed guy who I tried to help vent and get it out of his system as it was early in the trip.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 11:28am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Ahh he did mention that his cellphone was taking sms pictures of snapper feeding on it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 11:39am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

...what a complete load of "cods" wollop.

I was actually showing the Southlanders how to create their own version of TAS Reef...damn neighbourly of me I thought.

'Luckily' I had only recently upgraded phones and still had the old one, so the contacts could be copied over to the replacement phone easily...would have been a complete bunch of arse otherwise....see there is a silver lining there somewhere....expletive expletive!!

you'll keep Randell & Co.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:11pm
Wizard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go the 225LD's. They rock
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:27pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by Bender on 10 April 2006

To all those people who rushed out and paid megabucks for Avet reels, seduced by the Gold colour.

The same ones who are now finding out what everyone else already knows - that all that glistens is not gold, and corrosion and drag problems are well known with these reels.

I own an Avet SX bought after some consultation with members of this site in this thread.

Thanks Bender and "everyone else who already knows" as I dont recall anyone posting anything about corrosion or drag problems when I was considering what to buy. And now you come out with this.

If the problems with these reels were so "well known" then why didnt someone say something at the time?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:34pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nominate THEM for the April award Boz, for not warning you off

Plenty of April left yet to find some nominations eh boys?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

Julius C says

"Thumbs down to that phone muppet"

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:48pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boz...

Caveat Emptor

I just did a basic Google search on AVET reels and alot of comments made by those that have been using them of different forums around the world are not overly flattering...warranty? or shell out a few bucks and get your reel looked at now...even if you have a good one it would be preventitve maintenance and piece of mind at the least?

....guess folk are worried about potential law suites etc if their posts are construde as liable and because AVET is reasonably new on the market here in NZ, no one would have had a lot of hands on experience with the product....will PM you one of the discussion forums fyi!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:51pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just outa curiosity , what prompted this post ??
Why does the answer to all government problems involve taking more of my money ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 12:54pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Quote: Originally posted by Boz19 on 11 April 2006

I own an Avet SX bought after some consultation with members of this site in this thread.

Thanks Bender and "everyone else who already knows" as I dont recall anyone posting anything about corrosion or drag problems when I was considering what to buy. And now you come out with this.

If the problems with these reels were so "well known" then why didnt someone say something at the time?

I didn't know then and was veeeery tempted to join the mass exodus. But I asked myself the question - is there anything, apart from a sexy colour, that an Avet would give me that my Penn 525 mag doesn't?

Couldn't justify the expense. Since then there has been quite a lot on the hull truth site about bearings dying through sale water ingress and corrosion.

BTW - Boulder recommended a couple of inexpensive alternatives on that thread and you didn;t listen to him did you (even though hes done plenty if fishing and owns three of every reel ever made)?

Page  123>