softbaiter wrote:used many knots, but keep going back to the back to back uni knot. |
taught myself to tie a bimini using my big toe as the loop holder as I always have access to it
EditB wrote:bimini and a yucatan work well for me taught myself to tie a bimini using my big toe as the loop holder as I always have access to it ![]() |
Espresso wrote:I find the easiest, quickest (especially when in the boat) and most secure for me is the Albright knot, fold over the mono, thread the braid through the loop, twist up the mono lines 10 times, keep twisting back down and out through the mono loop again. That's it. |
green guy wrote:
|
Been a few threads on this - I'd been using a bimini + surgeons combo until the last time it was discussed and it was pointed out that just doubling the braid and tying the surgeons was a) quicker and b) in theory, just as strong. So have been using that option (4 turn surgeons) ever since and it's worked well.
Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >
Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >
Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >
Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >