pompey wrote:I have bought new a Yamaha 150 and Mercury 150 on different boats. Liked the Mercury much more. Did about 100 hrs on each motor. After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. Mercury was quieter and used less fuel on similar sized boats. Mercury was cheaper as well and has a longer warranty. |
pompey wrote:After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. .
|
an anyhow I aint never heard of that before Mc Tool wrote:[QUOTE=pompey]After 10hrs the Yamaha tilt switch stopped working on the remote but still worked off the motor, Answer to this issue, my fault because I must have been operating the remotes with wet hands and salt water has entered the mechanism, quite common I was told. Would supply part under warranty but installation my cost, est $1000. After a brief discussion they agreed to fix it. Went well after that. .
|
an anyhow I aint never heard of that before BotStomper wrote:My top secret excel spreadsheet says you'll need twin 300s to fit my arbitrary "well powered" definition. It's like your Mrs car driving up a hill with a boot load of shopping. Or something like that anyway, I forget. Where's a guru when you need one? |
Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >
Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >
Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >
Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >