Auckland's Hauraki Gulf in dire straits

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 8:59am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if your going to sling **** do it nicely without getting nasty and name calling

I have better things to do than troll threads....
But do have to point out..once again u put words into peoples mouth and/ or interpret what u like onto what u read...

Comms created the situation from the early 60s....policy continued the problem from the mid 90s not controlling the comms who then bent the rules to the extreme....and in recent times a hand full of criminal comms illegally adjust books fishing  which would be enough to exceed rec fisher takes

And u consider the citizens of this country have less right to the resource than big business.. at a point when rec fishers cant get daily quota on a regular basis... at best on very rare occasions and thats after Government change in regs only knocking rec fishers back?

If one takes a couple steps back, and considers the resource objectively, then as per legistation  rec fishing takes priory... take the time to read the 1st page of the legislation...
Now consider what would be a fair bag a rec fisher should be able to take home and achieve on a regular basis .. I suggest u actually put a number forward here.
Now consider the total  inshore resource...and if there is even enough left for ANY comms quota....

I didnt write the legislation but thats what the legislation basically say how quota should be shared out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishabunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 9:04am
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I think that it would be a good idea to have a seperate thread for fisheries management. Hopefully some where it is visible like under the db fishing reports thread.
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 9:45am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am not inclined to take part in this kind of thread. But, even though I don't like the aggressive argumentative stuff - I think it should be retained in the Briny Bar - because, its very important, and better than the other extreme (do and say nothing),; and no-one has to look at it if they don't like it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishabunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 10:11am
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I think the biggest issue on these threads is the personal attacks on one another. The fisheries future is important but is not helpfull to have a go at each other.
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 11:20am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

the problem has been the weather. Unable to get out.when one does get out throw backs only.we cannot keep bagging comms as they are working as per legislation.in most cases inshore comms are not the quota holder so go and get what is required by the holder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Latitude35south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 3:30pm
Latitude35south View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Money it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 5:50pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Originally posted by Fishabunga Fishabunga wrote:

I think the biggest issue on these threads is the personal attacks on one another. The fisheries future is important but is not helpfull to have a go at each other.

some are, but also some are about getting the facts right in the first place,
ive learn't a hell of a lot since following and commenting on these treads.

one of the biggest things to remember is its not always the guy you see doing the damage,
its more likely he is just making a living and has to fish the way he is or go bust,

we live and learn and i for one know now way more about the system and a lot of that was due to Tagits very informative posts which should be framed and store for all newbies and anyone else which would like to know more about how this Quota management works...
but alas they have been totally lost deep inside some of these treads,

but not for me i saved the best of them and store them on my Comp...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 7:58pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Pay a man to fish and you will have no fish left.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 9:25am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Second that V8-Coupe!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Page  <123