Anyone get out today??

Page  123 451>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone get out today??
    Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 6:46pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Made the stupid call last night to not go out, before checking the bite time and weather forcast. :(!!!!

woke up to a mint morning and to then read that it was a perfect 7-9:30am bite time .. would have been perfect out there.

Hope some of you got out and did the business.

here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 8:42pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

yep Wink
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 8:51pm
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

and.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Michael Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 9:04pm
Michael Jenkins View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LOMBASOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 2:15pm
LOMBASOMB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

nice report Whizzzzzz -
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the gas man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:17pm
the gas man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Much better than I did whizzzz, good job

I made the call to shoot out Sunday Morning, went to narrowneck reef and waded out to my spot x around 8am, the water temp was pretty f'n cold.  Berleyed out some old bits and pieces, flicked out half pillies and also took my SP set and threw out a lime tiger.  Fishing was very tough only small bites that weren't worth striking at.  A bit disappointing, have usually had good success there in winter, that extreme cold patch of weather has made the snaps slow on the bite??  Packed in round 10am.  Just glad it didn't hail on me as forecasted, and the wind was non existent first thing.

School of Dolphins cruised right in close by narrowneck beach round midday, happened to be driving past later on, great sight to see, they didn't appear to be feeding on anything thou.

Good to be out there.

thegasman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:23pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was planning to go out today but got unfinished stuff at work need to attend to in themorning. I'm planning a morning raid tomorrow on the east coast bays.. bite time is at 10AM with a nice forecast for tomorrow. 
Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:25pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I fished around Mahurangi West and around the other side of the bay across from the reserve on both Sat and Sunday and all I got to my name was lots of under sized snaps. Nothing big at all, did see a ray and tried to hook it for abit of fun but even he passed up the opportunity for food.Apart from the occasional heavy falls of rain it was good fishing weather over the weekend. I have to see it was a little unsettling being out Sat night and the sky was clear and lightening was lighting it up. Must have been a lightening storm within a couple of K's from the reserve.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:22pm
smellyfingers View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fished around the Tamaki Estuary Saturday afternoon, caught three KY and got a sore head from the hail. Conditions looked perfect late afternoon for a few snapper but nothing going.

May try an evening fish later this week as I have had much more success recently in the evening.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:42pm
Shilo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hit the rocks here at Waiheke at dawn.  Wind, bloody cold and to top it off rain squalls kept rolling over.  Apart from a few undersized snaps the area seemed to made up of 30cm ky.  Millions of the buggers but nothing big enough to eat them. 

Weather got the better off me so left at 10am empty handed only to find the wind dropping and the sun deciding to appear.....  Still it was good to be out and better then moping around the house.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:09pm
fiddy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well i was contemplating waiheke on sunday but didnt want to pay for a ferry ticket if the weather was going to be average. Maybe another weekend.
I done a bit of exploration round cornwallis in the rain and saw a spot but the tide was too far in unfortunately
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:54pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

seems i chose well, from the reports. but still would have rather been out there!

must have been the westerly winds pushing the fish out...??  what do you guys think..?

here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 8:47pm
Shilo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Never took to the theory of wind effecting fish unless the direction is producing food from wave action against a shore or reef etc.

In some areas it could be the influx of fresh water from all the rain.  The sudden change in salinity might put them off the bite??  Doesn't explain fish in an estuary though where the salinity changes with every tide...

Personally I think we are just in the transition from summer to winter temperatures.  I think water temperatures were around 18 deg b4 this bad weather and now its down to 15-16C?. Can't find any stat's to back this up but the water sure feels colder.

Fish are more lethargic from the drop in temps and the small fish haven't buggered of yet (small fish are always hungry!).  Interesting to see how the fishing is in a couple of weeks from now.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the gas man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 8:40am
the gas man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There was a hint of southerly wind direction first thing sunday and I find the Southerly or SE winds are a real fish killer.  I agree with islandp the little buugers are always hungry and the biggies are sleep swimmingConfused

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 7:55pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Met up with One Leg for a fish at one of his spots on Saturday.

Grovo got our only keeper on a soft bait. Caught a few ky and used as fresh bait.

Got one MEAN run on a whole pillie on the BTR but as I was charging across the rocks to  get the rod and strike I bailed pretty hard and by the time I got there bait had been dropped. Bugger it, think it was a decent snap. Grovo got a good run like that too but didnt hook up.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 9:55pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

bugger boz! no injuries?

Bas said he couldn't get out sat so i went solo dammit!! dodgy!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 7:30am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry JK  "girls right to change there minds"Shockedallowed me 2 hrs   Boz rang at the right time  and has meet FredLOL the place is getting busy bumped in to Peter R  there as well.
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 8:00am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

haha cool - lets just hope not tooo busy eh!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:30am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah ;may have to borrow a couple of milfords poluted water signs  too put around the placeWink. but fred still teasing just love the wake up calls he givesLOL
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:30pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lol nar only damaged pride JK.

The infamous Fred eh, no idea, why you call it that Bas? pm if you want

Was good to be out there rather than sitting around at home. Up whangas this weekend so will hopefully get out into it Sunday

Page  123 451>