• 400g kingfish, cut into small chunks
• 400g sweet potato or kumara, cut into chunks
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 130g fresh baby spinach, alternatively you can use frozen spinach
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup cream
• ½ cup sour cream
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• Season with salt and white pepper.
• 2 tbsp bread crumbs
• ¼ cup grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, You can cook the gratin in individual dishes (6) or a family-sized quiche dish.
2. Place the sweet potato chunks into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook until just tender in approx. 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a medium frying pan. Add the spring onions, garlic and thyme and saut. for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. If using frozen spinach, cook until heated through. Remove from the heat and add to a large bowl, along with the cooked sweet potato and fish chunks.
4. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, cream, sour cream, Dijon mustard, chives, salt and white pepper and mix throughly. Pour into the sweet potato, fish mixture and gently combine.
5. Pour into individual dishes or quiche dish. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with a fresh side salad and ENJOY!
This article is reproduced with permission of