Bea Bagnall shares her recipe with John Dory and Pesto Noodles
• 2 john dory fillets
• 2 Tbsp self-raising flour
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp butter and olive oil
• 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
• 2 medium-large zucchinis, cut into noodles. (You can use a julienne slicer, veggie julienne peeler or cut by hand.)
• 2 packed cups of fresh basil leaves
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
• 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup olive oil
1) In a small frying pan, dry fry 2 Tbsp of pine nuts and set aside.
2) Place all the pesto ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Taste and add more cheese or oil to suit your palate.
3) Julienne slice the zucchini and set aside.
4) Mix the self-raising flour, salt and pepper together. Pat your john dory fillets dry and cover to coat in the flour mixture.
5) In a large frying pan on high heat, add half the butter and oil. When the butter has melted, add the john dory fillets and pan fry for approximately 3 minutes per side until cooked through. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets.
6) While the fish is cooking on the second side, place a medium frying pan on medium heat and add 1-2 Tbsp of the pesto. Once this is warmed through, add your zoodles and toss gently to coat and heat through for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add more pesto to suit your palate. Don’t overcook the zoodles or they will turn mushy.
7) To serve, place the zoodles in a bowl and place the pan-fried john dory on top. Scatter over the pine nuts and ENJOY.
March 2022 - Bea Bagnall
New Zealand Fishing News Magazine.
Copyright: NZ Fishing Media Ltd.
Re-publishing elsewhere is prohibited
https://www.mpi.govt.nz/biosecurity/exotic-pests-and-diseases-in-new-zealand/pests-and-diseases-under-response/exotic-caulerpa-seaweeds-caulerpa-brachypus-and-caulerpa-parvifolia-in-new-zealand/#maps-upper-north-island Check out maps,Mercs/Barrier/BOI/Kawau/Waiheke.Not much left untouched...