• Blackened seasoning (makes 1/4 cup)
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp onion flakes
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
• 4 kingfish fillets
• 25g butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Lightly season kingfish with blackened seasoning.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and olive oil together. Once hot, sauté the fish fillets in the hot pan and cook for approximately 30 seconds to a minute each side, then transfer to the baking tray and finish cooking the fish in the oven for approximately 5-8 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish fillets (also keep in mind your fish will continue cooking after removal from the oven).
4. Serve the blackened kingfish on a bed of rice and quinoa with a green side salad.
This article is reproduced with permission of