taurangatroutmaster wrote:Maketu is better. Tauranga habour around the city is hard work and mainly small flounder. Up towards Kati Kati is better |
Reel Deal wrote:m always amazed where they are. I look at a 2 foot deep estuary and think if I was a flounder...hmmm Had a sad session on the channel edges And quiet water to find 3 brutes (nailed and next seen hanging out with eggs in my pan) sitting in a inch of water at the car park under the lights! Happy hunting 😁 |
Reel Deal wrote:m always amazed where they are. I look at a 2 foot deep estuary and think if I was a flounder...hmmm Had a sad session on the channel edges And quiet water to find 3 brutes (nailed and next seen hanging out with eggs in my pan) sitting in a inch of water at the car park under the lights! Happy hunting 😁 |
Reel Deal wrote:blue Marlin you got me hooked on that YouTube channel. Haha. Great fishing off Whakatane mouth clip |
Wanda_Ra wrote:They do a massive amount of commercial floundering in tauranga harbour, try towards omokoroa in the shallows or matakana island in the harbour shallows,some huge suckers from there. |

Wanda_Ra wrote:They do a massive amount of commercial floundering in tauranga harbour, |
Uncle wrote:
Not too sure about that Brian. The commercial guys net for trevally, kahawai & piper but flounder catch would be pretty minimal. I'll make some inquiries. |
taurangatroutmaster wrote:Maketu is better. Tauranga habour around the city is hard work and mainly small flounder. Up towards Kati Kati is better |
kitno wrote:I broke down not far from the Omokoroa ramp a while ago. While dragging the boat back by hand through the shallows I spotted a few. Managed to gaff a couple also ![]() |
taurangatroutmaster wrote:I'd usually go incoming tide at any stage if spearing. Netting would be more around low so you could put the net in the channels |
Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >
Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >
Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >
Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >