SNA8

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNA8
    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:14am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

SNA8 submissions close soon. If you don't know what that means then you don't care about our fishery. Here's what I had to say: We all know Sanfords who take 96% of the SNA8 TACC are behind this. We have all seen kilometres of dead fish (mostly small gurnard) floating behind the trawlers. This is about commercial fishers (Sanfords) increasing the snapper quota to increase their "by catch" of gurnard, John dory & terakihi so they can fill those quotas. Yes they will double (or close to it) their snapper quota but it is way bigger than that. It is about increasing their catch of ALL species. Sustainable fishing? No. Not even close.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street