Senator 620 or Stabicraft 2050

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Senator 620 or Stabicraft 2050
    Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 5:33pm
bi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anybody advice on that?
We do gamefishing as well as inshore fishing
Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:56am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have had a senator 620 and a Stabi 609, same size as the 2050 I think but older hull. The senator was a better boat and bigger. Senator rode much better. Also had a Stabi 2400 which was a nice boat but quite a bit bigger than the 2050, not really a comparison.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:27am
bi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Smilemany thanks 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 12:01pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After being out in nephews Stabi 1850 super cab(now sold) and his new senator rh650 ,senator much more quiter,better ride,stable,doesnt mind a decent chop.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:07pm
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where are you 2050 is such a beast of a boat so much volume this is the new 2022 version
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:11pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Dean / Pompey how do reckon those pontoon boats go versus your old bluefin (the original ones)? I thought that was nice boat when went on it.
I am a long time stabi fan (own a 16 ft one and often consider trading up) but if looking at those 2 brands of  boats, (Senator and  Stabi) you should also be considering Profile as the finish on ones I’ve seen is very impressive.
Best welding and ride of hulll is what you want to be looking for if holding any of these boats long term.  On that criteria I am not sure which is best between stabi, kiwi, profile, ospery and senator. And I think about it a lot and closely inspect as many boats as I can. They all look really good. ;-)
Be happy with any one of those brands over 6m with a decent Japanese four stroke outboard of at least 150hp.