Outbourd anode kits

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outbourd anode kits
    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 2:31pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I spied these when I was in at Supercheap, kits to fit most models makes at a good price.

I wouldn’t suggest using them a outbourds still under warranty, but should be ok for older motors.

https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/martyr-anodes-martyr-alloy-outboard-anode-kit---cmy6090kita/605535.html?cgid=SCN10113#sz=18&start=60
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 6:40am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now what is the difference between to Alloy anodes and the zinc anodes??

Yes Kandrew saw those anodes in SCA cheap but??

Noticed my anode had gone very powdery,as it should,happened quickly over last month. The one by tilt motor. Looked at outboard leg anodes fine on the outside but wearing on the inside. rudder trim still ok.

Ended up at Prompt parts and first question I was asked salt or fresh water use? Salt water ok you want the zinc as it tends to work better in salt rather than alloy. $3 in price.

Purchased the zinc ones then google got the better of me and depends on which link you choose as to the answer.LOL

Weight: Aluminium is significantly lighter than zinc, by a factor of 2.5. Al anodes are lighter to ship and to fit. Capacity: The electrochemical capacity is more than 3 times higher than of the same mass of zinc (you can protect more with less). See data sheet for aluminium alloyed sacrificial anodes.

The aluminum, bronze and iron parts in the saltwater undergo less corrosion. Zinc anodes are the preferred choice in metal alloys for saltwater applications that need a sacrificial anode, because the alloy is less resistant to the saltwater's electrolytes.7 Mar 2018

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic