Not getting email notifications

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chris B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not getting email notifications
    Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:33pm
Chris B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi

Can anyone help me, I am not getting email notifications when I subscribe to topics or forums or get private messages.

I have checked my trash and spam folders, doesn't seem to be in there.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:38pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i've never seemed to be able to get it to work for me either. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 4:28pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When you reply to a discussion use the POST REPLY button below the last comment and a Message Reply window opens.  When you have completed typing your response - if you look at the bottom of the screen there is a check box which needs to be checked (ticked) so the system recognises you and will then email you any replies to the discussion thread.  Click on the check box and then click on the Post Reply button....
Simple really....

Not sure what would be causing you to not receive PMs - that may be a techo issue for the forum managers to sort for you.
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 4:53pm
Titanium
Titanium

i have about 50-60 threads i've done tjat for grant. never received any emails yet!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:02pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

i have about 50-60 threads i've done tjat for grant. never received any emails yet!
just sent p.m as test
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:16pm
Titanium
Titanium

no pjc my pm works fine. its the threads i've subscribed fo don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:28pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

Might be because you use an IPad? Perhaps some of the settings in there?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

some of the threads go back yonks grant. from before i went mac. i checked my setting a few years back and could'nt find anything wrong. bit then again i'm a bit thick.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

i usually just search my own profile, find users posts. then i see what threads i've "contributed" lol to and see whats gone on since i posted. a slow work-around but it works.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:47pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try going to a thread you are familiar with and at the very top of the thread there is a button called Topic Options.  Click on this and select "Watch this topic" and you should get a pop up which advises you you will get emails on that thread. Then wait and see if you then get emails....
Other than that I can't help and maybe you should refer a query to the Mods to look at for you....Confused

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 6:37pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Go into your profile settings.. from memory somewhere in there is a setting asking u if and how you will be notified.

I think that by default the setting is not to send....and I think this maybe because of laws regarding spam in different counties.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:04pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Also check fnet has the right email for you.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:39pm
Titanium
Titanium

its been a few years since i tried to sort mine out. might have a look at all your suggestions next week when i have some time. i'm sure its something simple.