Lockdown bull sh-t

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:21am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

We already have a Covid thread going. I'm going to hide this one
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:25am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't understand all the idiots rushing to crowded supermarkets yesterday.  With those crowds crammed into small indoor spaces it would only take one infected person in there for it to become a superspreader event and dozens or even hundreds leave the store infected.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK, a couple of guys have asked what happened to this. I hid it. Lingee took a bit of a bashing and I don't like to see too much of that stuff. I also don't want these great fishing forums to descend into a political bitch fest. There are a couple of threads stretching back to the original covid outbreak and it seems the whole world loves our PM except for everyone on here Big smile

Some of our best contributors are involved in this so I figured I do owe an explanation. I did attempt to do that but then went and hid it rather than lock it. So here it is again.

Be kind! I will shut it down eventually anyway because we don't want too much political stuff diverting us from our fishing interests now do we. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why do we need more than 1 covid thread?? Yes I am a contributor to it but surely one is enough and free up the briny bar for more serious stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:09pm
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hahaha. It's musical chairs. someone wake me up when the music stops.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:11pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Stonefish Stonefish wrote:

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

Here we go again , job loses ,small shops closing,all over one case of as they say delta cov, this goverment should be throwen out. we the people are been reaped off. they are full commes.

Maybe learn to spell before having an obviously uneducated rant. There are so many reasons why this is the right call, as much as I hate it, it needs to be done. It was never ‘if’ but ‘when’ this was going to

Indeed, and tell the class how it would be different under a Nat Govt Lingee?
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:11pm
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Why do we need more than 1 covid thread?? Yes I am a contributor to it but surely one is enough and free up the briny bar for more serious stuff.
yeah, agree. I liked this one because of the potential for 'talkback radio' biatchfesting but it didn't really materialise and likely won't be allowed to, so there's very little point now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don’t fret it Smudge I don’t take anything personally nor should anyone else. Let people vent if need be.

Play the ball folks not the man! The issue is more important than the commentator!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK then, I can keep this open, but I'll move it to the Politics Forum. The problem is that it still shows up in the New Posts section and some (most) days it looks like we're more focused on that than fishing. Then again, you guys keep the forum alive so I'm mindful of that
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Besides this thread need not be political like the other one 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

OK then, I can keep this open, but I'll move it to the Politics Forum. The problem is that it still shows up in the New Posts section and some (most) days it looks like we're more focused on that than fishing. Then again, you guys keep the forum alive so I'm mindful of that

Doh! 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 5:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

aahhhh but it is!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 9:02am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bottom line guys
For lock down or if covid is real or not of the vaccinations are BS....
Doesnt matter..
 We have a lockdown, we have a serious flu floating around, and a choice to vaccinate.

Those who just work in with and get on with it in these situations, for or against doesnt matter, come out the other side fine.
 Those who dont , stress worry, get distracted from the end game..Come out the other end not as well.

Those in prisons, who have gone major civil uprisings, front line wars....must be shaking their heads in wonder that so many (or is it little as those complaining are a minority?) are stressing out over so little.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 10:45am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

aahhhh but it is!

That is just the sort of thing a /insert party here/ supporter woud say Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 7:27pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So, does the pic below suggest that Maori and part Maori are allowed to go fishing for their gathering of food?? If so, then many of the population can fish off the shore...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 7:45pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 8:14pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

https://sunlive.co.nz/news/275569-confusion-reigns-over-covid19-whitebaiting-rules.html

How rediculous. No alignment there. The Govt, Doc and the police info all over the show. Not to mention the locals thinking they are above the law either way.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:13pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

So, does the pic below suggest that Maori and part Maori are allowed to go fishing for their gathering of food?? If so, then many of the population can fish off the shore...

No, it doesn't suggest that. All it means is customary quota still applies. But given that there are no mass gatherings allowed in level 4, chances are none or very little customary permits would be authorized.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Page  <12