how did this slip through

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how did this slip through
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:11pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503450&objectid=11703337

"This is an extreme breach of the recreational limits and this sort of behaviour is a clear threat to sustainability of our fisheries resources.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:21pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I posted this to the NZ Fishing Community face book page Paul, tag line "Suppose the commercial  are to blame". Got the usual rhetoric back blaming the commercial activities from 50+ years ago, most posted condemning these guys action but then ultimately the focus turned to blaming commercial gave up commenting in the end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:38pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yepp unfortunately a lot of recreational anglers break the rules. A higher percentage than those evil comms I'm betting. This has been in the news for at least a week.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:31pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I hope they get hammered hard through the courts and hopefully put reccs off poaching,loose cars ,gear etc 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:13pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's wrong to call the people who do this recreational fishers.  They are operating commercially and selling what they take.  There is no way that amount was for personal use. They are just criminals stealing something and selling it.  They should be prosecuted as such, not under the same laws as someone who takes one too many fish or has a snapper that's 29cm instead of 30cm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

The law is pretty stiff for anglers who exceed their limit by three times or more. They are recreational anglers breaking the rules not bona fide commercial fishermen breaking the rules.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 8:37am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's wrong to call the people who do this recreational fishers.  They are operating commercially and selling what they take.  There is no way that amount was for personal use. They are just criminals stealing something and selling it.  They should be prosecuted as such, not under the same laws as someone who takes one too many fish or has a snapper that's 29cm instead of 30cm.

A thought I have had on the back of my mind for sometime.
Basically they are ILLEGAL UN LICENSED COMMERCIAL operators with such a quanity the intention is to sell
not rec fishers that have taken a few over the limit
Not rec fishers

Is there not something along these lines with illegal drug possession.. if over a certain amount its automatically possession for supply????
one changes from being a 'user' to a supplier ???

If applied to these illegal fishery operations they would on that basis change from a recreational to an illegal commercial operation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 8:52am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Basically they are ILLEGAL UN LICENSED COMMERCIAL operators with such a quanity the intention is to sell
Not rec fishers

Is there not something along these lines with illegal drug possession.. if over a certain amount its automatically possession for supply????

If applied to these illegal fishery operations they would on that basis change from a recreational to an illegal commercial operation

These people are neither recreational or commercial but out & out theives
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 2:43pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep your right there Craig.If not stealing seafood  they would be stealing your Grandmothers jewels I imagine!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 12:44pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Totally agree.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 12:45pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

It's wrong to call the people who do this recreational fishers.  They
are operating commercially and selling what they take.  There is no way
that amount was for personal use. They are just criminals stealing
something and selling it.  They should be prosecuted as such, not under
the same laws as someone who takes one too many fish or has a snapper
that's 29cm instead of 30cm.

Not rec fishers

+1
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 6:37pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

These people are neither recreational or commercial but out & out theives

Yes my point is why put them / clas hemn as recs.. they are NOT

Same as Rodders get real P155ed when bloody boy racers in uncertfied , unsafe heaps of crap crash kill, do donnuts and then classed as Rodders....and the Hearld publishes a very nice 69 $120,000 plus camaro doing controlled burn out of official burn out pad at a event at meremere drag track

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:08am
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The biggest issue with this whole thing is that the bed has only bounced back in the last 3-4 years. it's been kept quiet up here and the bed has stayed in a reasonable order, Problem is with it all over the news now that everyone now knows where this bed is. While it's got a good amount on it it wont tolerate a summer of every aucklander out there taking the 50 pp every day that there up here... so good bye mussel bed this season I would say.