Getting the bait out there

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting the bait out there
    Posted: 19 May 2023 at 5:55pm
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We have decided to have a bash at surfcasting πŸ™„πŸ˜, and being deficient in the leg dept to minus one, standing on a beach and waving a 14"rod around is out .......I tried but spent most if the time on my arse ( must have been #uckin funny to watch 😁) and the braid made short work of my fingertip .......enter the bait launcher , all done bar the legs ......which leads me to my question , can any one recommend a 12v compressor ? Heaps about but they dont appear to be made for a long life .
Any hot tips ?

Things I have already learnt😁
It takes longer than you think for the pvc glue to set......on the end cap of the 100mm reservoir before you hit it with100psi ....... It stayed on long enough for me to think it was a good un and then boom ....woohoo ,the cap ricocheted round the workshop and the rest of the apparatus ploughed its way thru all the crap on the bench it was lying on . Yeah , that was a wee bit of excitement .😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 7:55pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've made a few over the years for fun. To get a portable compresser up 100 psi with a resonable volume takes time, and as you mentioned, the cheap ones end up damaging themselves. I use a dive tank. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:09pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can't help with any compressor advice.  Have you considered using a drone?  Perhaps not the cheapest option though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think most guys use a dive bottle as Big Red said. I'm sure it would have been funny to watch Mc Tool :)

I was talking to a guy today who bought a bait cannon, sounds like fun!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Talk to Jackel re PVC pipes, he's a plumber so will know what the best solvents are
Best gurnard fisherman in my street