Casting gloves

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Casting gloves
    Posted: 20 Sep 2026 at 9:59pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium


Joined: 16 Apr 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 4211
Hi guys

What are you guys wearing for casting gloves and what are the Okuma finger stall like.

Cheers
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2026 at 9:54am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum


Joined: 23 Dec 2021
Location: Riverton
Status: Offline
Points: 1032
casting button for me  .Big smile  I just stick them on the rod with insulation tape ......at the mo , but I might whip them on when Im a bit surer about  them 


 the brown one was a $10 rod from Habitat and was already damaged in that area so I shoved the button under the hand grip . The problem is that they sorta have to go in the right place to work  easily  and that means a bit of  surgery . 
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2026 at 9:04pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium


Joined: 16 Apr 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 4211
Thanks for that, not a bad idea. But it’s for casting $100 stick baits on a top water rod, so not keen on experimenting as very expensive if a lure snapped off.
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2026 at 10:01pm
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum


Joined: 23 Dec 2021
Location: Riverton
Status: Offline
Points: 1032
100 bucks for a lure 😬. Watching one of them flying over the horizon without the line attached would be " character building " for sure , but I dont think it would be any more likely to happen than using a glove ....or even a band aid on your casting finger............πŸ˜―πŸ˜³πŸ€”πŸ˜ πŸ˜‚πŸ€¨............100 bucks .....#uck that , I mean .........nah........really ? I spose , at least you'd know what your nightmares are going be about.
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Back to Top
Forum Jump
Forum Permissions View Drop Down


This page was generated in 0.066 seconds.

Fishing Reports Visit Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports
Canterbury Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Top of the South Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Hauraki Gulf Fishing Report 01/10/26

Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Bay of Islands Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Fishing bite times Fishing bite times

Major Bites

Minor Bites

Major Bites

Minor Bites