Trailer wheel clamp

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 610gc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer wheel clamp
    Posted: 25 Sep 2026 at 2:14pm
610gc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 27 Aug 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 40
Hey team
I have a wheel clamp like the one below on the boat trailer. its getting harder and harder to unlock
I've sprayed it with CRC on a regular basis but it isn't helping. Is there a better option for a wheel lock that you recommend?
Thank you 

Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2026 at 5:10pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
Avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2019
Location: papakura
Status: Offline
Points: 4179
"Times up"
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2026 at 5:10pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
Avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2019
Location: papakura
Status: Offline
Points: 4179
Doesnt dry out like crc.I use it on my trailer lock
"Times up"
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2026 at 8:20pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Location: Whangarei
Status: Offline
Points: 6691
I like the SAS wheel clamp. I've had no issues with the lock.
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2026 at 8:15am
Schecter View Drop Down
Gold
Gold
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Location: Auckland
Status: Offline
Points: 740
I spray with WD40 after each trip. No issues with the lock so far. 
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2026 at 8:46am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum


Joined: 23 Dec 2021
Location: Riverton
Status: Offline
Points: 1032
either crc long life or 556 marine are way better 

 

I added pix just coz Im finding out how to change picture webp file to a jpeg .....yay it works 
I use the long life on my cupboard guns . I leaves a oily residue that doesnt run off and sure does keep the rust at bay .....no , Im not on commission ...it just works Smile
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 610gc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2026 at 12:57pm
610gc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 27 Aug 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 40
Thanks team ill give that a go
if that doesn't work is the a better option of the wheel clamp that people recmend
Back to Top
Forum Jump
Forum Permissions View Drop Down


This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.

Fishing Reports Visit Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports
Rotorua Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Opening is here! The opening of the trout season is upon us and weather conditions... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Bream Bay Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Signs of spring snapper action. There are some promising signs that Bream Bay is getting... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Houhora Fishing Report 01/10/26

Softbaiting on fire. September has seen 269 catches submitted to the NZOFC monthly competition through... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Outer Hauraki Gulf Fishing Report 01/10/26

Fishing kicking into gear. Spring has well and truly arrived in the outer Hauraki Gulf,... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Fishing bite times Fishing bite times

Major Bites

Minor Bites

Major Bites

Minor Bites