Transducer location on transom

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rtl188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transducer location on transom
    Posted: 23 Mar 2025 at 8:04pm
rtl188 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 23 Mar 2025
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Hi guys,

I've purchased an old Fleetline Sapphire 4.5m and am in the process of upgrading the electronics. I am about to install a Lowrance Hook Reveal 5 transducer but cannot seem to find a good spot for it based on my research.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could mount it?

1 feels too close to the prop
2 was where the old transducer was placed but its on top of strake and research shows that it is bad due to the water churn
3 is hard as its where the roller is and would be difficult to mount.




Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2025 at 9:12am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum


Joined: 23 Dec 2021
Location: Riverton
Status: Offline
Points: 1032
I would use the old holes 1st . I have a TS transducer ( hook reveal 9ts ) and thats where mine is . An inch to the right so its behind the edge of the strake would not be so good .
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Back to Top
Forum Jump
Forum Permissions View Drop Down


This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.

Fishing Reports Visit Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports
Rotorua Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Opening is here! The opening of the trout season is upon us and weather conditions... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Bream Bay Fishing Report - 01/10/26

Signs of spring snapper action. There are some promising signs that Bream Bay is getting... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Houhora Fishing Report 01/10/26

Softbaiting on fire. September has seen 269 catches submitted to the NZOFC monthly competition through... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Saltwater Fishing Reports
Outer Hauraki Gulf Fishing Report 01/10/26

Fishing kicking into gear. Spring has well and truly arrived in the outer Hauraki Gulf,... Read More >

01 Oct 2026
Fishing bite times Fishing bite times

Major Bites

Minor Bites

Major Bites

Minor Bites