Damn weather today

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn weather today
    Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 9:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Venting..
Marine weather swellmap, windguru   the lot.. except the iso map
About a week ago saw a weather window opening for today......then watched it close up with the resent storm coming down from the NW...
Then 2 days ago the iso maps showed a high would be just centering over us  for Sat... big gaps between the lines ... sweet.
But marine swell map, wind guru all say choppy and white cap + winds.
Then yesterday morning isos showed the high will be over us a little early.. like now
So yesterday in spite of the other forcasts... except the isos and my interpretation...decided a trip out today, early pre dawn start and back in early to mid afternoon as the chop came up.
Then the isos showed a SMALL front developing over the 'naki heading to be over Auckland this morning.
My thinking was " it will dissolve , be absorbed by the bigger high....but wind guru, Auckland marine, swell map etc all must know something I dont.. best be on the safe comfortable side" so cancelled todays fishing trip yesterday evening , changing to Sat morning instead.
I like to avoid weekends, and long weekends even more so.
Get up this morning, the tall giant bambbo damn near still, certainly not a 15/20 knott wind or gusts.
Check swell map, marine weather, windguru and the rest... and the web cams around Auckland.
At best a little chop going up the beachlands 'wind tunnel'  rest calm.
And the iso.. yep the small front dissolved...
Check isos for tomorrow.. Sat is going to be worse than today, and deteriorated from predictions yesterday including mine from the iso.
Gutted... again...espec with the NZ based marine ans local swell map models.
Tide, bite times, wind direction, moon  All are just right... right now.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 9:27am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The best laid plans of mice and men........"
Knowing my luck if I had been planning for tomorrow it would turn to custard also and I would be spending the rest of the long weekend seething and not terribly nice to be around....LOL
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 9:39am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

same position,got bait,lunches at the ready,next minute hospital rings got to take young fellow in 2.00pm,good part is do not start work till 8.00pm tuesday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 10:11am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

This guy has got the weather forecasting dwon better than any other site, then comes swellmap IMHO

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni&noofdays=7

Starting to pick up out there now..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 10:27am
J-D View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Better to errr on the side of caution than injury yourself or even worse not come home . .. . another day of not fishing is another day for those fish to grow bigger Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 10:53am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Its windy in beachlands now