1 gram of difference

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 gram of difference
    Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 12:40am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65C4qKJnd54&feature=related

1 gram of difference at hooks can totaly change the lure action. check this clip.
The lure is very famous Japanese lure make Falcon TT eagle 180. The guy used gamakastu hook on them at the beginning of the clip. The lure swim action is poor after change to owner st hooks the lure swim much better. only 1g heavier makes such difference.
What does that tell us? Wink sometimes is not the lure problem, maybe the we didnt use the right rig for the lure.....

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 12:03pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow, so much to learn!
Is it the weight that impacts so heavily on the action or is there hydrodynamics at play as well with different shaft lengths etc on the hooks?
I was going to get set up for some surface action for a trip to the cooks in a few weeks but I think I might wait till next year when there is more feedback on this game, as it's a lot more technical than I thought. Sheesh I thought SWF was a learning curve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 12:14pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is using spickbaits mate, not poppers.... if you are going there, make sure you take popper gear as that certainly is well worth the time, and poppering is a really easy process... ya chucks ya lure and winds it back in! Poppers are (from the looks of it) far less dependant on angler-imparted action/expertise to get them to work properly.
Once you are poppering, you can then experiment with speeds, actions (like, flat out wind in, wind-and-jerk, or whatever), but by all means have the poppering gear there, it certainly is a pile of fun!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 12:19pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers CA, that was Plan A when we booked but now this stick baiting popped up I was giving it good thought. Maybe I will resist
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 1:08pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hell, take along a couple as well, you never know eh. If you've got them there, you may get a shot, if not, you sure won't! :-)