confused.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: confused.
    Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:15pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

any chance you could share what the abrevations on this site are? also what does it mean by bump a thred?
Feal The Fear And Do It Anyway
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote johnny_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:48pm
johnny_A View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

When you post on an existing message "thread" (like this one), the thread gets promoted to the top of the list of "New Posts", so more people tend to notice it.

What abbreviations were you wondering about?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:53pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bump - usually in the by and sell section bro, as others list stuff and there thread has no replys etc, it gets moved down into the archives, if they bump it all they are doing is putting it to the top, to try regain some interest bro.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Sure np. Wdywtk? Fwiw imo, that is, abb are an integral part of ol activity. Different from txt spk tho, which is not really gd etiquette. Some ppl of course overdo things just a tad. LOL, rotflmao, gee I'm so funny.

Translation:

Sure no problem. What do you want to know? For what it's worth, in my opinion that is, abbreviations are an integral part of online activity. Different from text speak though, which is not really good etiquette. Some people of course overdo things just a tad. Laughing out loud, rolling on the floor laughing my ar$e off, gee I am so funny.

I guess those are the abbreviations you refer to? Bump refers to posting (usually posting just the word bump) to 'bump' the thread up to the top to keep it current or draw attention to it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:09pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

oh lol thats nice to know i bet heaps of people dont know these things...
whats ECB
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:40pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

East Coast Bays on Auckland's North Shore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:42pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

oh ok then THANX
Jamie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:06pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh, LOL means Laugh out loud, not Lots of Love.... this confusion can cause distress to new user of the net, one lady I know was consoling a friend for having just lost a parent to Cancer, and finished the touching note with "LOL".... thinking it meant Lots of Love..... needless to say the grieving friend was rather taken aback at the callousness.... :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:07pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Clap oh thats funny

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:39pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And to avoid any confusion: References to  KY here means KAHAWAI  Wink

Usually.

The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 7:32am
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

and a "Chukka" so I have just learn't is a short bill spearfish as in spear chukka Learn something new every day go figure
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 6:52pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

YEM?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yellow Eye Mullet