

Telecaster wrote:Thanks for the info. Are you sight-casting? or just twitching along the edge of the channel? I am thinking Wenderholm or Waiwera might be worth a stalk. |
smudge wrote:Do you think a weighted nymph would work Keith? Do you fish during the day or at night? Incoming tide? |
Telecaster wrote:Thanks for the info. Are you sight-casting? or just twitching along the edge of the channel? I am thinking Wenderholm or Waiwera might be worth a stalk. |
)
limited access from road , ,last km by 4wd quad which is good coz most peeps dont bother, ( only got one leg so walkin is out ) on a semi formed riparian track ( look it up 
). Problem is that to get there on my quad I have to sneak 10km's down back roads ( cant be arsed trailering it ) and the handbrake wont have a bar of that ( i have history
) so I have to wait till she goes to work ..........and the tide is about right next couple of days .
The Tamure Kid wrote:. I think it's sight fishing if the water is clear and dead still, and blind if not. |

smudge wrote:I took a fly rod with me every time I went flounder spearing for two whole years (it was only 5 times Smudge). The idea was to spy a flounder from the shore at night, which is pretty easy. I was rigged up with an unweighted nymph which I figured looked like something a flounder would eat. The trouble is every time I saw a flounder worth taking I would go and spear it. |
Mc Tool wrote:
Well I was thinking that a flounder aint that easy to see when your standing on them so sighting them at any distance thru water would be nigh on impossible ..... unless it moved and then youd be lucky . I reckon after a bit of a reccie to find a fishy looking spot , its chuck and chance from then on . Im thinkin that creating a bit of a trail or sand puffs will be seen at some distance by the flounder and they are more aggressive feeders than I thought so I think they will "chase " the lure a bit . ![]() |
MB wrote:
Good luck Mc Tool, would love to hear a happy end to this story! |
Spring wind the handbrake. Spring is starting to make its presence felt in the outer... Read More >
Early snapper in Tasman Bay. Well, spring is finally here, and the days are getting... Read More >
Good snapper catches reported. After Tangaroa turned off the fish tap for a month or... Read More >
Pacific bluefin tuna for the lucky few. The last fortnight has seen more fishable days... Read More >