Slow jigging vs slow pitch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dach39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow jigging vs slow pitch
    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:59pm
Dach39 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is probably a relaly dumb question but google hasnt been able to aswer my question. I am looking to get a rod for fishing kaburas out of the Kayak and i was wondering what the difference is between a slow pitch and a slow jig rod is? Would both be suitable for fishing Kaburas? I will mostly be fishing 60-100gram jigs.

I am currently looking at getting a kilwell slow pitch Xp . https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/kilwell-xp-slow-pitch-jigging-rod-6ft-3in-pe2-1pc

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:18pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Two different styles mate. Kaburas require a softer rod so you slowly wind the lure back up using the rubber tails to entice the strike.

Slowpitch is all about jig fall then using the rod to lift, bump or jerk the jig into action. And that requires a stiffer rod like that Kilwell one. Any half decent fishing shop assistant should be able to show you difference.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:27pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, I do find a proper kabura/inchiku rod a little soft to work a slow pitch jig, but have used both styles of rod with both styles of lure. Maybe just decide which style you want to concentrate on? On a kayak, you're probably not going to carry multiple slow jig rods anyway? You can always employ a soft bait rod for light slow pitch work.