Surf casting

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surf casting
    Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 3:48pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has any body got any useful information on how/ when is the best time to fish off aranga beach/ maunganui bluff beach? Including types of setups for surf casting?
Just on my days off I would like to chill with abit of a fish and maybe catch one or two, any info much appreciated
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 4:14pm
Willow View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've seen a few blokes pulling in pannies and the odd Kahawai in late arvo/evenings. Seemed to be using ye ol ledger with a 4 ounce BOS sinker. I'm sure pillies will do the trick.

Goodluck!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:53pm
Silver
Silver

$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:10am
Silver
Silver

Well had a day off and weather was beaut so thought I'd give it ago but using those pulley rigs still couldn't get out far enough and was fairly big swell and lots of white water. No bites and tried a few spots but had to try? 4os bos sinkers still ripping left and right up the beach.
$hit happens