I need help - Please!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help - Please!
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:58pm
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello all.  I need help please.  My father gave me a couple of deep sea reels and I'm at a loss.  One is a Daiwa Sealine 900H, the other looks just like it but smaller.  The name plate has fallen off.   It has Mono 40/480 50/400 60/320 and says Japan.  I'm trying to sell them for him and I don't have a clue to their worth.  Please help a girl that is a fish out of water so to speak.   I don't have pictures of them yet, someone stole my camera, so asking around for help on that as well.  Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 3:37pm
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Maybe it could be a Daiwa sealine 600h
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:12pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Probably a Sealine 600 as Kingfish says. They are well built reels but quite old school these days. I doubt they would be hugely expensive. An American forum would probably be able to help, but there's bound to be someone here such as Swordfish Steve who will know. You could drop him a pm.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:28pm
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you for your response.  I will be posting pictures in a few minutes.  I'm hopeful that I'm not wasting everyone's time.  I just didn't know where to turn to.  I found this site and thought "Wow, this is great, they seem to be very educated on this subject!"  I did pull up a spec on the 600H but it seems different than what I have, Mono wise.  I don't know.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:34pm
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hope this helps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:36pm
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is the reel in question.  If anyone needs further pictures, please let me know.  Thank you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:42pm
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you very much - I will try a PM.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:53pm
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by corierae corierae wrote:

This is the reel in question.  If anyone needs further pictures, please let me know.  Thank you
It looks exactly like a Daiwa sealine 600h.
Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gmacx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:08pm
gmacx View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I would say they are worth circa $150 in that condition, could perhaps get 175 from the right person - purchased 2 or so recently.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:34pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This list confirms the reel's capacity figures are indeed a 600H.

A few for sale on Ebay, not an expensive reel, was sort of entry level to medium gamefishing or deep water dropper rigger.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:17pm
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Here is a Little Help!
Yes ok from the images I would estimate the value of the Daiwa 900H ( Larger size) to be approx $175 and the smaller to be a Daiwa 600H approx $150 , best to sell on trade me or here on Buy & Sell as there are no fees on here, however Trade me are a bit greedy with their fees, they are good solid reels, made in Japan, however Lever Drag reels outperform them in all aspects, good luck with your sales, cheers swordfishsteveSmile
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corierae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:32am
corierae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oh everyone THANK YOU so very much.  Everyone has been so kind and informative.  I have really enjoyed reading some of the other posts for other topics.  Most of the time I have no idea what you are talking about but, I also think learning about new things keeps our minds on track.  Have a wonderful day all.  Again, thank you so much again.