
Yes, I have seen some shockers myself, the faith some people have in the unbreakablity of their gear just astounds... What I really love is the point loading you see (as long as it is not a loaner rod I have let someone use of course),,, with rods laid across rails half way up the rod and them speed-jigging for kingies, really cranking on their reels.... one hit from a king and... that makes for a LOT of semi-rods, I can tell you. Or folks using a long rod to try lifting a fish up over a rail and into the boat, shhheeeesshhhhh.... and the look of injured innocence when the inevitable "CRACK!!" comes!
hookerpuka wrote:that diagram looks wrong to me.... the 0% line should be the 45..... since line angle is based on your line not the ocean surface. |
I abuse the maximum parameters of my graphite rods regularly
, to date haven't broken one because of it...but I don't let others abuse them so!
falco wrote:not sure what HP is on about but im happy with my fisherman with the but section up to 60 degrees |

Freshwater season underway. Wow, it’s October already, and our freshwater season is underway, and the... Read More >
Snapper about but not yet firing. It’s certainly nice to see daylight savings upon us... Read More >
Big reds in the shallows. The weather has made getting out on the water challenging... Read More >
Snapper moving in. A few Pacific bluefin are still gracing the weigh stations with last... Read More >