Contact List

Page  123 35>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contact List
    Posted: 14 Apr 2003 at 5:08pm
Dino View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi

Just a thought guys. What about some type of contact list for those with smaller boats or no boat that would like to go for a fish in a bigger boat. I have the odd spot on occasion as I am sure others do. I was looking at some old photos last night which included several very dodgy looking boats I used to fish in. Leaky tinnys starting at 8 ft long. So I know what is like.

Maybe just nicknames and locations then we can send PM's to people in the same area.

Just a thought.

Dino

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2003 at 5:14pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yep
me
I have a 16fter but not suitable to go out wide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2003 at 8:28pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Kerren , could you set up a listserv that would suit. You already have the email address's of all members so anybody with a spare slot could email to the listserve for distribution and still maintain privacy.

There would have to be some rules to this particular game though. No plying for profit. BYO everthing , donation for fuel etc.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2003 at 8:41pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dino, sounds like a great idea. As you know I don't have a boat but am always keen to go for a boat fish.

An old work mate told me he gets pissed off with all his mates ringing and saying "Take me for a fish dude!" and that's why I don't like to go around asking people to take me out for a fish.

I am always keen to put money towards gas and bait and am keen to help with all the clean up afterwards.

Kingfishsi
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 7:08am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great idea Dino!...

Rockhopper....I think you are on the money there mate, I will investigate and contact the powers that be to find out what would be involved.

I am meeting with Real Developments this evening, so will get it sorted soon as!

This enhancement was actually one of my "to do" things when/if we managed to get the online club off the ground/water!
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diversion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 2:33pm
Diversion View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I like that idea, i do shift work(untill those 6 numbers come up) and would love some company for a mid week fish and in particular a DIVE ,I  have a 6m senator h/t and live at Maraetai,pm me if you're interested. (share costs of course)
From the office of His Lordship

(Mayor of Whangapoua)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBoffshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 3:17pm
JBoffshore View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i think thats a great idea. i would be in as another also very willing to pay my way and help clean up etc.

also some rules if you were fishing in a competition regarding prizes might need to be looked at i.e all prizes with the person who took you out as it can sometimes cause issues.

b.m

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 4:16pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

keep this thread going fellas.....I will move posts to an appropriate loccation once that has been decided....charge!

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 5:43pm
Dio View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dino

I think most skippers would agree that from time to time your crew won't be available when you really want to go fishing( some guy's other halfs actually expect them to spend time with them on the good fishing day's! How sad is that!), so it would be great to have  a pool of fisher people to call on. I am more than happy to take keen fisher's out in my boat. If you get this off the ground you can count me in !!!!!! 

Dio

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 6:01pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ill be in as well

Bushpig

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 6:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

I agree with Dio's comment about the regular crew not always being able to go out all the time. I'd be very greatful to be used as a fill in if anybody's short on a crew member. It is on very rare occassions that I don't have the time to go for a fish.

Kingfishsi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 8:07pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Count me in team,

I can always fit one or two people in my boat and likewise could make up as crew on another boat.

Cheers

AC

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dead Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 9:22pm
Dead Ant View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dino's on to it guys.  Count me in. 

I did a few solo efforts last year when my crew ran out on me and I didn't really enjoy them.  Tryig to anchor in front of that big rock in a swell just doesn't do it for me.

We just need to work out the mechanics of inviting people/advertising spaces and it should be all go.  The other benefit is seeing some new areas with someone who knows them.  This sharing thing is just way to good to let go.

Cheers

DA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2003 at 11:10pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The listserve I mentioned earlier works something like this.

Kerren has email address's of all registered users held on the server. This list could be used as an email distribution list. Basically it works something like this. Somebody sends a message to the server , the server then forwards that message onto everybody on the list. It does it in a BCC so emails address's are kept private. The server also maintains a list of people who can use its services so any old Joe can't send messages to the user comunity.

A couple of thoughts though.

"Isn't someone going to get the hump if they think they might lose buisness" ..er no not really. Anybody running a comercial operation could use the facilty and reach several hundred people in one shot.

What if someone abuses the privelidge.

If anybody upsets their hosts in such a way as to be offensive then their names could be removed from the listserve. They would never know that XYZ had sent out an email because they would never get it.

Andy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grounded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2003 at 7:22am
Grounded View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have no boat (yet) and I would love to get out more. I work shifts and often I have to work at short notice, which could constrain my availability. Also, I am very inexperienced around boats, so who would want to take the chance?

Chris

It's a mystery to me
I was a Jerk On Line
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2003 at 7:34am
Titanium
Titanium

Rockhopper, your ideas are good. Wouldn't it just be easier to be able to see the list and then pm people.

Also, I was going along with the idea that it's not a profit scheme, just a share of costs and cleaning up etc. I suppose if a commercial outfit approached you, it would be your decision whether to go or not.

Kingfishsi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2003 at 10:43am
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if the powers that be say no I can set up a listserv on our club website linking back to here. Since I sponsor it, pay for it and run it at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 5:01pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Happy to take someone out - I mostly spearfish , particiularly in Summer/Autumn but in winter when it is cold or spring when I can't see anything (algal bloom) I do a fair bit of sport fishing.

Even when freediving . the person I take out will have the boat to themselves for up to two hours at a time. Also they have a chance to see what us spearo nutters get up to.

Word of warning - my boat is only 14ft 6 long but on a good forecast (rare these days ) I am regularly plying the Hauraki gulf to Kawau , Tiri , Hen & Chicks , Little Barrier.

Cheers Russell

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2003 at 7:03pm
swanie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Folks, Another wonderful forum!, I, like many others are not in the realms of boat owners ( have to by my wife a house first) although I am an enthusiastic deckie. I consider myself reasonably proficient at boat handling, anchoring, turning up on time, sharing costs and the clean up, and as a bonus, I catch my share of fish and don't borrow tackle. I work shiftwork and am often off during the week and always keen for a new experience. I always bring enough bait and burley for two trips. Anyone keen for a hand drop me a line.

Cheers Swanie  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2003 at 5:53am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

someting that will also help is where you live as a quick decision to go would mean someone at Howick may have a bit of a problem getting to Greenhithe
Im in West Auckland
Page  123 35>