Comms - Vessel Monitoring Systems

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comms - Vessel Monitoring Systems
    Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:04pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:15pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting,monitors where vessel is and where its been,but does it monitor deck 24/7 where the dumping occurs or the new vessels mincers?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Moving to the appropriate forum.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:20pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some vessel have had positioning systems for a few years now. I know because I reported a vessel for trawling in an no trawling zone and MPI very quickly worked out what vessel it was. They were then happy to assure me that they had talked to the skipper and he said that the vessel wasn't actually trawling in this no trawl zone. Just practicing with some new gear or something like that apparently!!!!! 
I obviously was completely reassured by this bullet proof explanation of why the vessel was 'not trawling' through an area that had been rich with fish in the week or so prior to their visit. Damn funny place for a trawler to be however as there was no logical reason for them to be there. Just glad that MPI were so obviously on top of things.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Some vessel have had positioning systems for a few years now. I know because I reported a vessel for trawling in an no trawling zone and MPI very quickly worked out what vessel it was. They were then happy to assure me that they had talked to the skipper and he said that the vessel wasn't actually trawling in this no trawl zone. Just practicing with some new gear or something like that apparently!!!!! 
I obviously was completely reassured by this bullet proof explanation of why the vessel was 'not trawling' through an area that had been rich with fish in the week or so prior to their visit. Damn funny place for a trawler to be however as there was no logical reason for them to be there. Just glad that MPI were so obviously on top of things.

Practising LOL
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 12:47pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Practising LOL

+ 1
Legasea Legend Member