Export Comp anglers have been straight into the swing of things this season! Commendable catches from June go to Lewis Fisher’s 54cm blue cod from Canterbury, Laurie Taylor’s 85cm snapper from Port Taranaki, and Joshua Rodgers 51cm gurnard pulled from Wellington Harbour.
Charles Gray was the winner of our June prize draw. He took home a Shimano Thunnus 8000 and Shimano Carbolite rod for his 75cm snapper entry. Remember that these mid-season prizes are drawn at random, so any entry across the month – big or small – is eligible.
Here are a few important reminders about the Export Competition:
1. It’s free! Registration is free, as is entering catches. As long as you have an Export New Zealand Fishing Competition approved measure mat and a smart phone, you’re away!
2. Fish competitively while protecting our fisheries. Unlike traditional fishing competition formats, the Export NZ Fishing Competition gives competitors the opportunity to release their fish after photographing it.
3. Win unique prizes. This season alone has over $20,000 worth of prizes from Shimano and Bradley. A big portion of these prizes are dished out throughout the season either monthly or bi-monthly, and are drawn randomly from everyone who has entered a catch for that period (this means you don’t have to catch a big fish to win). At the end of the season, the winner of each category will be presented with a Pacifica-style hand-calved trophy, as well as product from either Shimano or Bradley
4. Fish against your mates. In the Export comp, you can take on your mates around the country by creating your own personal leaderboard. Just head to fishingcomp.co.nz, select the leaderboard species and time period, then create your leaderboard and have your mates join. It’s really simple stuff, and not to mention a great generator of side bets and banter!
5. Become a Champion Angler. This is your chance to prove you’re a triathlete of the fishing world, the jack of all trades rather than the one-trick-pony. If you submit a snapper, kingfish and kahawai during the season, you will qualify for the CRC Champion Angler leaderboard and the prizes associated with it.
28 July 2021