yesterday - Napier

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yesterday - Napier
    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 11:01am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 6:20pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

brilliant

It’s certainly a season for the ages.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 6:44pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reportedly 24 hooked y/day.
Today was SNOT.  I got driven home with water sloshing over the back of my boat. It was OK when I left but the mid day forecast arrived early. I was bottom fishing. Wild ride thru the surf on to the beach - had an audience waiting for me.
My so called mates who want to catch a marlin were nowhere to be seen. Fair enough - but they went chasing kingis y/day instead. Primo sea conditions.
Their loss. Trying to convince them tomorrow looks OK - but they complain it is raining all day - bimini top. I offered to lend them a raincoat.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 1:10pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is amazing fishing for the bay
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 1:40pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In 30 yrs I have not seen anything like it. Assuming that 24 hooked a couple of days ago is near correct that would make a total of about 40-50 hooked in the last few weeks. Normally 2-4 landed in a whole season. Normally that would be late Feb/Mar. The water temps are normally very slow to come up. Dominated by southerlies , even in summer.
As I write this we have pouring rain and strong SW (25 kts aprox). Y/day 20 Knts S. Tonight 30 Knts S.
Until that stuff settles we normally don't get enough warm water pushing around E cape.
This may slow things a bit.
Some guys just left for a troll off our beach 2-3 hrs ago. I couldn't convince my mates.
Then one of them rolled his boat this morning trying to get off the beach to retrieve cray pots.
I put my boat in and got the pots an hr or so ago. Only 2 boats off the beach today and 2 y/day.
A boat rolled y/day at Waimarama - beach above us.
Never easy.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:20pm