Yeehaa to the Ranfurlys

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yeehaa to the Ranfurlys
    Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:29pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fingers X the weather was looking MINT! and it stayed that way the whole time... everything except the weather looked against us, the oil spill was heading that way, the containers were floating around and that meant we couldn't travel in the dark etc but we found that all this played right to our advantage.
Lance was running in his two brand spanking new white John Deer engines so we were only a hundy horses short of planing. Instead of 8knots were were flying along at 12-13knots most of the way. Great weather and good decisions on Lances part meant that we got to the fishing grounds a few hours sooner than we would normally and the fact that we had to be at our anchorage by dark didn't really shorten our days at all in fact we were stuffed by the time we had to pack in for the evening. Lance really had us working hard.

The whole time non stop I kid you not... no sooner would they bring out lunch and lance would find another massive patch of fish so it was lunch on the run and his Decky Steve worked like a champion! Lance would throw the boat into reverse and yell at the top of his lungs "Go go go"

Mike got into one first up on the Jig He was with us last year and decided he needed to get beaten up again.

Tony McKenzie also couldn't get enough of it after last years trip when he landed his 41kg monster and a number of other high 30s

Buzz Kronfeld was new for this trip and nailed some personal bests.

Graham Lowe was with us on this trip two years ago and was invited again by a client and friend Jim pictured below

Jim understood that he needed good gear for the trip and got set up with a custom MC Works 538xx rod which stopped a number of sizable fish in their tracks.

Brenton who is a chippy got amongst the action with this 24kg king on a Melon-Ya Studio stickbait and later his PB which weighed in at 33kg on the CB-One Zoro which he purchased off me on the boat after seeing the size of the fish I was catching on it.

Lance called it for 29kg but Brenton wasn't happy and asked to have it weighed... sure enough it went 33kg and you should have seen the smile on him. That made his trip.

This one went 26-27kg and was taken on a Carpenter rod with the Carpenter GT-Gamma 120g Mackeral with 5/0 owner ST-66 trebles de-barbed. Thats the only way to fish with these. Guys that still leave the barbs on need their heads read I recon... It's down right dangerous for everyone on the boat. Lance and Steve refuse to take fish off if there are barbs on and rightly so too.

The stickbaiting worked well in the afternoon as the water warmed making the bait and larger kings come to the surface. lance would spot a work up and steam over to it. while most of us jigged a couple of die hard stickbaiters worked the oily surface (excuse the pun :) to a froth while packs of angry kings chased the lures hard.

Warren Bell who came last year turned up with his new Stella 20000SW and Vally Hill 200-500g jig rod after taking an absolute pasting last year out here on some inferior kit and knocked over this lovely fish over 30kgs on the 500g Broken arrow

Graham did some fine jigging and landed this fish on his OJ and Jigging Master Titanium 400g rod. 

TootdaLoot! trumpeter which are a great eating fish were in abundance on this trip and happily eat metal so bring it on I say almost everyone got one except me but I still had trumpeter for dinner last night and that shows we had a great bunch of guys on board.

Buzz was happy with this one at 27kgs on his new MC Works 536 Northern Blue and Jigging Master PE5 until he got attached to the one below on his Stella 10000SW and stickbait outfit. The look on his face says it all.

Tony was as usual johnny on the spot and everytime you saw him he was hooked up to a good fish and when you couldn't see him all you could hear was his Stella 20000 or 8000 howling in the background! absolutely a pronominal angler.

He likes his light tackle too as seen on this 50lb Daiwa Saltiga set up which last year scored him a 38kg kingi in 20m of water. I wouldn't recommend this kind of gear unless you really know your stuff. As Lance constantly reminds us it's like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Tony with his 40kg Bass and Brenton with his 34kg bass

Tony gives his new Jigging Master spools a hiding on a nice stickbaited king

If you look at the tail of this king just in front of my hand you will see the wounds that some of them sported. perhaps shark bites from previous releases? The CB-One Zoro does the trick for me again and again what a fantastic lure...Its durable and made of really hard wood and the good news is it swims particularly well on the Carpenter rods which we sell as well which were initially made to perform their best teamed with the Carpenter Lures.

This was another cracker Watch the hooks on these stickbaits on this green fish I nearly copped an earful as it trashed around for its freedom.

Some just don't give up even when they are out of the water.. Hold on to it!

Twice Buzz got two on at once first these rats and them later a couple of 18-20kg models which rendered the stickbait past its used by date.

43kg Bass

45+kgs on the 500g Broken arrow and MC Works 538xx
I enjoyed the Stickbaiting, it was just sensational.

This fish went nuts and was a good 10minute fight!

When it showed and the back hook was nicely inside his mouth I relaxed a little but it was intense moments at the boat before it was hoisted in.

This one weighed in at 41kg and was caught on a Carpenter rod and Stella 8000SW loaded with 200m of Varivas SMP PE8 Casting braid.

the CB-One Zoro strikes again...

Lance is the man who makes it all happen and his right arm Steve, legions!

Perfect!

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:34pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice report John cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr.Dundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:42pm
Mr.Dundee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

All I can say is far canal good fish love bent rods.Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:42pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:48pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

bloody awesome report Yeehaa, nice pics and plenty of info...plus massive fish....
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:49pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

OH MY GODClapheard it was good, that that is sensational.

wicked John
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gatekeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:59pm
Gatekeeper View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Great report, bring on May 2012 and round 2 i say Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:05pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's just a frigging insane report. 41 kg King on the stickbait, what a legendary catch. Thumbs Up

Wasn't quite as good as that when I was out there for the first time a little while ago, right there in that report is why I'll be going back.Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:12pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

**** those are some mega pig kingies right there Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:21pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well deserved JP   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JIMMY NAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:28pm
JIMMY NAIL View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish John 41kegs is a beast!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:30pm
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

great stuff awsome photos, upload some more if there are any 
, those kings are alot bigger than what we picked up last summer, hopefully we will do better this year!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FisherMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:33pm
FisherMo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Amazing Stuff Guys! Great PicsClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:54pm
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Geeez, I just pee'd a little reading that.... Man you know how to make a man jealous.... superb stuff, and mad congrats and big ups AGAIN to Lance and Steve....

Thanks for the report Yeehaa Team, that is pure sickness!!
TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:09pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Solid Jackson! Fricken Sick!
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:22pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looks like a great trip... 41kgs that thing looks huge..Clap
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.
If camera lenses are round why do the pictures come out rectangle?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerry69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:28pm
jerry69 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

WOW! Wicked report and trip mate! Those are some big ass kings!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 12:01am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice....well done to all...especially John with the 41 kg on a stickbait...well hardCool
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:27am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

great report JP... have a mission before i die to get one over 20kg...might have to to there and do some suffering lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:58am
Tinky View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Green with envy. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and fork out some money soon for a trip. Well done john and team.
Have boat - must fish!
Page  123>