YeeHaa Squid hackers Reports

Page  <1234 32>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Furstimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 10:56pm
Furstimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah I heard from another thread that Burnham wharf in wellington has some. Although I am not sure cuz I have not tried. The harbour looks glassy tonight with no wind. I see the lagoon in the city as a good potential with the lights and calmer waters but not sure if they'll come all the way in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:43am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just to give a bit of a background on squid fishing for those who are keen to know more about it... I wrote an article that went in Fishing Coast to Coast Mag last year however upon reading it, still is up to date! here's the link to it.

http://www.yeehaa.co.nz/fishing-report.html

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote vip_yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:10am
vip_yo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

When I was over in Brisbane this time last year there were quie a few people down the wharves going after them.

And I've watched a guy fish for them in the Marlborough Sounds and do quite well.. He'd spot them from up on a hill and then go down to sea level and cast to them. That was during the day though.. The squid were just hanging around the kelp.

Wonder if they'd come as far south as Chch/Lyttelton??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 3:06pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was down by kelly taltons last night, pretty quiet for all there I think... I hooked one that got off at my feet. 

I nnly saw one guy get one over the couple of hours I was there... was bloody cold!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 4:22pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

tonight might be the go if the wind drops a bit.

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NooB_Fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:53pm
NooB_Fisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

High tide @ 9.55pm ...is mission bay only good +/- 1 hr of high tide? Might go over to Takapuna wharf ^^
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:56pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Won a auction on trade me for some squid lures as dont have time during week to get to the YeeHaa store hopefully they turn up on Friday so can head to Mission Bay to have a crack at catching me some.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aplomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:28am
Aplomb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was driving through Mission Bay last night at 10.30pm so pulled over to have a look and there they were 5 keen squid fishermen.  On the waters edge casting squid lures under the street light.  They had caught a few squid and had them proudly on display on the steps, nice looking squid.  Beautiful night, no wind - they were having a great time.
Need a kitchen - give me a ring. Love to help a fellow fisho http://www.elitekc.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:09am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wink last night was a bit hard going but we still got a few. Boys were happy..its better than watching TV or setting in front of the Computers ...IMO

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:30am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good one Yeehaa get rid of the buggers before the nick our softbaits during springLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:33am
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yesterday the best colour were the pink colour.
squid jig size 2 and 2.5

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:19pm
smizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

im real keen to give this a go... i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the cloth lures were better than plastic or wood .... or what types do people here prefer?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:30pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I will be out there Saturday night giving it a go i so looking forward to it.Will be by Kelly Tarltons wharfe about 9.30 pm if anyone else wants to tag along.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fauxpas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:35pm
fauxpas View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got a couple of nice size squid off crusoe today on strayline gear. Unfortunately they let go of the bait (Squid!) on the surface but it would be agood place to try with the right gear
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:00pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

went out last night and the night before as well. beautiful weather a bit chilly. The squid getting bigger very fast.
The Natural colour worked better and slow slow sinking jigs are the key

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:53pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mean bro me and jarad just made a monster squid light muawhahaha it has two hella spot lights mounted to a tripod and has a car batt 
should be a larf heading out to try it tonight
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:06pm
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one mate - are you heading out really late to catch the high tide or is it not that crucial?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:54am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yea bro hour each side
it was packed last night we got 4 nice sized squid we were miles away from the crowd and had a berly out as well lost alot as well any slack and they get off
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 7:41pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

are you just getting broad squid? any arrow squid?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 2:26pm
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wanna get down there one night before the next full moon, probably next week when there's change of light evening high tides - load up on big fresh squid baits for the nasty shallows. If anyone's keen one night to hook up let me know.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Page  <1234 32>