FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTT: Smith GTK 80 SJX stickbait rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gabry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTT: Smith GTK 80 SJX stickbait rod
    Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:00pm
Gabry89 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, I would like to swap my Smith GTK 80 SJX for a topwater rod specifically designed for Tuna or a GT rod of similar value.
This rod is theoretically designed for YFT but the action is more suited for kingfish in my opinion, the tip is quite soft and works stickbaits very well but the mid section is stiff and good for pulling kingfish away from the bottom.
It's rated pe 5, since I already have options in that line rating for kingfish I would like a heavier GT rod or a rod with the same power but a more pronounced tuna action.
The rod has been used but it's in pretty good conditions, few small scratches on the blank and a bit of rust under the epoxy of the first guide.
If interested let me know what you have to offer.
I'm based in Auckland.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gabry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:06pm
Gabry89 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 8:31am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great rods!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gabry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:11pm
Gabry89 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Up