Who's been saltwater fly fishing? The Tropics

Page  <1 343536
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:02pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was just thinking the same thing today, heard it on the radio yesterday. I have a bone to pick with those fish LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 6:00am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

These regular rests the island fishery gets seem to be good for it. The bones, by all accounts, seem to relax a bit and be well. Even in the heat of January I bet there'll be a few people racing up there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:46am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

After a couple of frustrating lockdown years am happy to lock in 2 trips. Aitu end of Jan to coincide with baitfish run (should it happen) and Weipa in July for a trip up Western Cape York on a mothership. Permit, blue bstrds, queenies, tuna, over 50 species to target on fly.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:45am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Bloody hell! Very envious. I'm struggling to get away as far as the local beach at the moment
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go You!

Itchy Itchy feet!!

Im deep in what i call the 'Pitcairn Island Blues" at mo,

Never mind airports, id be happy to be just be able to go to KatiKatiLOL
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah m8 feeling good for you, Now that is something to look forward too amazing trips, bring it on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Go hard Snuffler. I have nothing to contribute here but love reading about it.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That sounds rather pleasant, look forward to reading all about those trips!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:36pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FISHBYFLY FISHBYFLY wrote:

Go You!

Itchy Itchy feet!!

Im deep in what i call the 'Pitcairn Island Blues" at mo,

Never mind airports, id be happy to be just be able to go to KatiKatiLOL

Adam - you're alive!!!!!! Thought we'd lost a colourful forum member! Much happening on the snaps front for you?

Page  <1 343536