FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's been saltwater fly fishing? Auckland

Page  <1 196197198
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wolfie5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 20 minutes ago at 4:34pm
wolfie5 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by FishMan FishMan wrote:

Bloody Auckland smoke signals . Yeah, a great morning. Totally blown away by the flats fishing in the big smoke

Going back to bay of islands snapper on friday but hanging out to find a close kingi flat up there that has the sort of action I've seen down here.

World class flats fishing so close to the biggest city in NZ. Who'd have thunk it

Can't download pics until I get home but suffice to say a metre of fat Auckland kingfish is enough to keep anyone happy. Scorching two hundred metre runs and a long arm aching fight.... I want more!!!         

With thanks again to Wolfie for introducing me to Auckland flats kings   

I think you have  experienced what is termed as "beginner's luck" ..
Tongue
but happy that you have got to enjoy the swoffing delights  that Jaffa-town has got to offer. Next time the sandbanks for you!
The Auckland Swoffer
www.AucklandSwoffer.wordpress.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 6 minutes ago at 4:48pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great work, team.

I thought of you flats fishos this morning, view from the 28th floor of a building on Albert St, the water from the Harbour Bridge all the way up to Hobsonville and Te Atatu etc was a complete mirror, not a ripple.Tide looked fairly full too. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 3 minutes ago at 5:51pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice one Craig,Thumbs Upand Credit to Mark too,Always up at the crack of dawn slowly stalking, Put in the time

For a while there we thought those suckers were uncatcheable, nek minute were all hooking up all over the joint.!

Crop the **** out of those pics But!

They're WatchingOuchNukeLOL

By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 53 minutes ago at 6:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL Sounds like fun and those fish are for you Fly boys as far as I am concerned   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 59 minutes ago at 6:55pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

LOL Sounds like fun and those fish are for you Fly boys as far as I am concerned   

Yep, I had my daughters partner with me armed with a popper, but he only got half-arsed follows out of the fish. Then we watched a small fish stand on its head and thrash its tail wildly in the air. We were really left wondering what on earth they were feeding on. Maybe prawns?? But we did see one shag eat a small flounder.

I had a 'prawny' whistler style fly on.

Pics are going to show lots of shiny water with no horizons

Page  <1 196197198