Whens the best time to fillet fish?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:34pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

new a guy who filled his fillet bag with salt water before freezing, never tried it but he swore by it. I just wash in salt water and bag. They gone within a month and beautiful eating. Simple and works for my whanau and friends. Actually had some skin on tonight and awesome ….delish 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 5:09am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Could write a few pages on this subject but everyone has there own theories and ways of dealing with fish. In the end if its fresh under a day or two old its pretty much going to taste the same no matter wot special prep you do to your fish. Best advice for storage I have a container with a high drip tray in bottom. I use the big old school tupperware ones but they are hard to get hold of. Todays modern drainage containers  still leave your bottom fillets sitting in the seepage. Its the seepage that goes off quick making your fish touching it smell.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:03am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 12:06pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mean! Thanks for posting MB. Will be getting one for sure...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Todays modern drainage containers  still leave your bottom fillets sitting in the seepage.

Yep like above have a couple containers, but the bottom 'griill that came with them to low.. So 'acquired' a couple of the wifes cake cooling stainless grills.
 Also used for when marinating the fillets before smoking.
Page  <12