Whats that on the lawn?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote camdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats that on the lawn?
    Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:50pm
camdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I was sitting watching tv this arvo and out the corner of my eye i saw this fella on the lawn. Grabed the gun and the dog and headed out there but he was no where to be seen, so i sent the dog into some reeds and up he came, perfect.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:59pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Camdog, it is amazing how close they will come at times as last month I could hear the shrill of a cock pheasant...we live on top of a high hill surrounded by native bush... and they are unsual up here and amongst the bush...or so I thought...any way I could hear the noise and I slowly walked out and peered down the bush and only 10 feet away this huge cock reared up making a huge commotion and flew over the house and down the valley on the other side, my cat damn near shat itself as it was sleeping in the scrub nearby and took of in the other direction.

Luv those pheasants yummo.Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 7:20pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice mate well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 8:17am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bonus bird, nice one
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 8:59am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gotta be happy Camdog, now to bake the bugger, yummo!Thumbs Up
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot