What I Bought Today

Page  <1 388389390
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:50am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

JM Evo Fallings 53BUL PE 1.5 - 4  80-260 JIG  20 kg @ 60 degrees

Xmas present to myself, will be my go to rod for light jigging and large snapper.

A little bit longer than my other heavier rigs and quite flexible, good for the large west coast snapper in at present.

Smile
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seem to have had a bit of a TAS attack recently. I'm relapsing! 

Zman 5" Curly Tailz - why do Ocean Angler not import these?

Plano Edge Flex 3600 tackle box - again, not available in NZ. I've been very impressed with the standard Edge boxes. A must for OCD anglers.

Storm Biscay Shads - been using these for kingfish with some success, but don't let them near the seabed as the snapper will rip the sh*t out of them in no time. Not available in NZ.

Ordered from Anglers Warehouse in Aussie. I've not dealt with them before, but hopefully it'll work out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:13pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work, MB. Love those 5" curly tailz!! Wink

Anglers Warehouse is excellent to deal with in my experience - never had an issue. It's a physical store in a light commercial area of Tweed Heads, with a significant online operation, and family operated. I went in on a family holiday about three years ago to buy a fairly cheap Shimano travel spin rod to use while I was over there, and met the owner.

When I got a wrong packet of Z Mans one time they quickly just sent the right ones at no cost to me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

2nd that they’re great to deal with😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

MB have you seen Kavemans 140mm curly tails.

https://kavemantackle.co.nz/product/curly-tail/

I brought a shimano Blackout slider rod with the nibble tip, gave it a run today and quite impressed. Hard day out at the 50 metre mark but came home with dinner.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Anglers Warehouse is excellent to deal with in my experience - never had an issue. It's a physical store in a light commercial area of Tweed Heads, with a significant online operation, and family operated. I went in on a family holiday about three years ago to buy a fairly cheap Shimano travel spin rod to use while I was over there, and met the owner.

When I got a wrong packet of Z Mans one time they quickly just sent the right ones at no cost to me.

Originally posted by jac jac wrote:

2nd that they’re great to deal with😉

That's good to hear, cheers. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:19am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

MB have you seen Kavemans 140mm curly tails.

https://kavemantackle.co.nz/product/curly-tail/

I'll check them out, Kaveman jigs are my favourite for snapper.

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

...came home with dinner.

That's all that matters, and having a good day on the water.
Page  <1 388389390