What I Bought Today

Page  <1 387388389390391 393>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 8:25pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

then theres the baitrunner....

heard of a mint 6500 baitrunner go for 4 hundy plus months ago
not made anymore..... very reliable reel
I got 2 of em
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:55pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Can I ask why you are so interested in tlds
Easy Mattoo, they are just a great reel, that refuses to lie down quietly and die.
They're lightweight.
They're graphite so dont suffer the corrosion issues that plague so many ally framed reels, but can still take a lot of knocks and scrapes.
They have a good light drag quadrant, that allows nice gradual drag curve on light settings from free to strike.
They are just a nice beautiful piece of simple reel engineering

And i just really like em!
Part time Devils Advocate, Fulltime procrastinator
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:04pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by BananaBoat BananaBoat wrote:

then theres the baitrunner....

heard of a mint 6500 baitrunner go for 4 hundy plus months ago
not made anymore..... very reliable reel
I got 2 of em
Yep I agree but servicing has to be stayed on top of, or some parts will fail, or seize. Not unlike most reels but more so with the B's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:40pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Al, are you referencing my tdl collection.

Although recently unused, they are as they should be a reliable lever drag tool that still works.
The full set of trolling fives I use are just fun as are the others.
They just work.
I think I like there simplicity and longevity.
Easy to maintain.
And work well.

No another fella, used to frequent fishnet but not much these days... Double Shot.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:31pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Terrafish,

Brilliant summation of an excellent series of tools.

There longevity is proof of your words.

Enjoy you olllection.
Glad to hear your using them, cos they really do the job well.
But a few unused tucked away is always a good idea.

M
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Al,
That's a handle I recognise , but yeah don't here much anymore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:39pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The bait runners,

What a fabulous tool.

I have a 4500,
It's been used since it first came on the market, can't remember, bloody years ago.

What an epic tool.
I still out of nostalgia use it on the same surf caster and boat rod.
They still work as well.
Sadly at times they do end up on the back shelf of use.
But then I see them again and go " hell your on the boat again" . Never disappointed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:26pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Finally got the Front shade fitted,small boat in summer unbearable so had a screen for front made,mesh.Wont stop water but might stop spray and still let a breeze through.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:52pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool..Get the side clears for the cold wind in winter?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 6:39pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Finally got my little holy grail a little while ago. It has now been thoroughly blooded and I flamin well love it, now all i have to do is find a III version. And for any that are familiar with these reels note it is a C Version, not the FS or CFS version which there is plenty of.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote foulplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:03pm
foulplay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice terrafish. I have been searching everywhere for the tld star 15/30. The search goes on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Finally got my little holy grail a little while ago. It has now been thoroughly blooded and I flamin well love it, now all i have to do is find a III version. And for any that are familiar with these reels note it is a C Version, not the FS or CFS version which there is plenty of.

Excuse the ignorance, what makes it so special? What kind of fishing is it for?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:51pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Ecko Ecko wrote:

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Excuse the ignorance, what makes it so special? What kind of fishing is it for?
Its rarity first of all. There is plenty of fs versions around offshore and a fair few cfs as well but this was only the second C version i have seen. Had to get it from the Netherlands and it WAS an unfished shop demo. I have been using it softbaiting deep water but it has also got a little 8kg kingy which was a lot of fun. It casts well as the C i believe stands for centrifugal, so it has brakes. I havnt opened it yet to give it its first service so yet to confirm as there is little info that I can find on em. And it is not ignorance to ask a genuine question mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:56pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by foulplay foulplay wrote:

Nice terrafish. I have been searching everywhere for the tld star 15/30. The search goes on

That would look something like this I think? Open to a trade on a Speedmaster III if you have one, hehehee
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the insights Terra. Cool reel!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:14am
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by foulplay foulplay wrote:

Heres on for ya on TM Listing #2976104901
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 4:35pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wondering around The Warehouse today and came across Gulp New penny $6.50 for 5 x 5inch normally $13.50 so brought all 6 packs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:23pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Wondering around The Warehouse today and came across Gulp New penny $6.50 for 5 x 5inch normally $13.50 so brought all 6 packs.
wicked price I’m gunna head down tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:29pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Finally got the Front shade fitted,small boat in summer unbearable so had a screen for front made,mesh.Wont stop water but might stop spray and still let a breeze through.

looking through the thread and seen this tidy little unit, very nice boat mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:23am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It was only "New Penny" all others at standard price.
Page  <1 387388389390391 393>